Tacx set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Guys, with Tacx in particular is the 9.99 euros month by month please? Not sure if i will take to the whole turbo thing so do not want to get too tied in. As you say if it is, for a tenner it is worth a try.
Kind regards
DJ

You can subscribe on a month by month basis, I think a lot do this over the winter, then stop for the summer months, if you take out a yearly subscription I think it is a bit cheaper a month,

Bigring VR were doing some free films during lockdown, not sure if that's still running, good quality films also.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Guys, with Tacx in particular is the 9.99 euros month by month please? Not sure if i will take to the whole turbo thing so do not want to get too tied in. As you say if it is, for a tenner it is worth a try.
Kind regards
DJ
Yes it's month by month. Most of these services seem to be in the ballpark of €10 or $10 per month. You'd probably have to actively remember to cancel though, otherwise they'll just keep taking your money.

Like you I'm a newbie to the world of turboing and I'm not sure which service I'll go for (if any). I could stick with ordinary numbers based training and use the Tacx app for free, I could stick with Tacx premium - and I am well impressed with the movie simulations so far - or I could go for another service like Bkool. Or even Zwift but I'm still not really certain what it does.

I guess you'll have a similar conundrum.

CXRAndy

Guru
Then of course there's Zwift, but I know sod all about that. Apparently it's for sociable people so that's me ruled out

You can do solo rides. Its, there are so many folk, you can join a pack for a while if you want to. Then there are the structure training plans, also probably the best feature-racing, which is fantastic fun:okay:

Venod

Eh up
For anybody contemplating which platform to go for, try out any free demo offers you can, I have tried a few.

Zwift, great if you want a social aspect, great if you want to race, not real films, not a lot of different routes, a bit gamey but fun.

Rouvy, very comprehensive, not sure I managed to explore all its features, film quality not as good as Tacx

Bkool not real films, good for racing if that's your thing, seemed to have some software glitches when I was using it.

Bigring VR very good film selection, good quality, I think they have just introduced racing.

Tacx, the best video quality IMO real life routes, GPS and workouts, some uses seem to have video download problems, but streaming is available.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drunkenjoiner

Drunkenjoiner

May sound crazy, but I actually just want to improve my overall fitness and in doing so my speed and endurance on the bike. Where possible though I'm a bit of a "Brand" weirdo and if I can train effectively indoors using Tacx software with my Tacx trainer that the way I like to do things. The thing that appeals to me is having structured training plans to do indoors, no matter how hard I tell my self outdoors on the road, right this is going to be an interval session for instance it all goes to pot. Nothing will replace my love of being out on my bike, however I can see big benefits for me personally for me using indoor training along side my outdoor stuff.

Best regards
DJ

newts

Veteran
I used an old slick tyre on my tacx flow without any issues, a winters use before shedding a few black bits around the garage.
https://www.rgtcycling.com/ ( 'learn more' link for how to install for free).
Free for basic use & gives you several good quality video routes (premium is also free during the covid pandemic).

Top Bottom