Tagalong or Trailgator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
you can start your kid off cycling normally, then rescue them when they get tired or you get to bits you want to be in control.

Cheers Milky.
This is exactly what I want it for.
Little H is fine up to about 5 miles, easy, but he does find hills a struggle.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My daughter hates the trail angel, basically a version of the gator that holds the front wheel still as well, she has to have her stabilzers on , even though she can ride without them :wacko:.
I'm thinking of selling it cus she never likes it .

subaqua

What’s the point
I've bought one on eBay for my five year olds bike, but never used it. The problem is she has a cantilever brake on the front and the cable and straddle wire get in the way of the trailgator bracket. I was pondering changing her brakes to v brakes to get around the problem, but I haven't got round to it yet.

To be honest she's regularly riding up to 6km with no issues, so I haven't had the motivation to do so yet!

The one in my pic had centre pull v brakes . I put a " normal" v brake on in 5 mins.

There is always an easy solution to a problem . You just need to sit and think it out. Have a beer while you do!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 4434642, member: 45"]Why does she have to have her stabilisers on?[/QUOTE]
She is scared she is going to fall over, even though she knows she isnt , you cant tell a 4 year old anything they dont want to listen too.

dianelc

I was keen on the trailgaitor , but opted for the tagalong after being told it was More stable and the riding position is more natural as the bike isn't tilted upwards. We managed to get one on gumtree for £40 and have never used it cause we upgraded her own bike and she manages fine except for hills.

U

User482

I've just bought one of these:
37961.jpg

I'm getting to the point where I can no longer get up the hills with both kids in the trailer, so the plan is for my older daughter to cycle (she can manage a few miles now, especially if encouraged with Haribo) and my younger daughter to use the Igo. Report to follow...

Sixmile

Veteran
I'll take this off you when you're done with it.

The trailer was hard work for me this summer. I fear next summer will be the death of me.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've just bought one of these:
37961.jpg

I'm getting to the point where I can no longer get up the hills with both kids in the trailer, so the plan is for my older daughter to cycle (she can manage a few miles now, especially if encouraged with Haribo) and my younger daughter to use the Igo. Report to follow...

They do look great.
@Puddles used to have a WeeHoo.

Dan B

Disengaged member
The FollowMe is also a very nice piece of kit and worth considering. No problems with lean or wobble.

Top Bottom