Take 3 bikes, 2 chavs, 1WVM and me, what happens next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Driving back to the office from our distribution centre today, round a bend that narrows approaching a railway bridge with no footpath under it. (By Hadricks Mill in Newcastle for those that know the area)
About 100 metres ahead I see chav no.1 on his bike heading toward the bridge while trying in a very unstable style to push another bike alongside him.

I get closer to the bridge giving him plenty space when chav no.2 on his bike shoots out of the side street/lane trying to catch up with his mate...
They meet...literally, and crumble into a pile in the middle of the lane just after going under the bridge and I'm 3 car lengths back.
I hit the brakes and glimpse in my rear view to see WVM looming toward my rear screen.
I slammed my head back into the headrest to avoid whiplash but thankfully he stopped AN INCH from my bumper.

What was WVM not seeing, he couldn't have not seen what went on ahead of me!

Anyway, I drove round said Chavs shouting out the window that they'd get themselves killed but not realising until I'd turned off that they had probably nicked he 3rd bike!?

Sounds like WVM left exactly enough stopping distance!

D

Deleted member 20519

You're a 'glass half full' kind of guy :angel:

Sounds like the WVM barely left enough stopping distance, the idiot. He should be given a year ban and forced to re take his test.

I'm not being serious

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
No bikes involved as it was a Motorway but I was on my way to the start of an Audax earlier this year,driving through the Newport Tunnel the cars in front all started braking hard, I stopped in time car behind me stopped just in time then I heard a succession of loud bangs from back up the tunnel. They should invent a camera that catches people driving too close to the one in front .

Banjo

If I had my way we would have both types of cameras and paint them in camouflage colours.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Hit them in their insurance.
A little back box wired up the the EMS fitted in the vehicle digitally recording date, time, location and with an accelerometer, recording acceleration and braking.
A front sensor recording distance from the vehicle in front and matched to speed either ups, levels or downs their insurance premium.
Sensing high opened and too close to the vehicle in front, the vehicle gives an audio signal and gently applies auto-braking

All of this technology is out now and in use in various guises

Banjo

Hit them in their insurance.
A little back box wired up the the EMS fitted in the vehicle digitally recording date, time, location and with an accelerometer, recording acceleration and braking.
A front sensor recording distance from the vehicle in front and matched to speed either ups, levels or downs their insurance premium.
Sensing high opened and too close to the vehicle in front, the vehicle gives an audio signal and gently applies auto-braking

All of this technology is out now and in use in various guises

You can get most of that as an option on a new vauxhall(probably on all makes) Only problem I could see is that the criminal geeks would quickly find a way to recode it while the rest of us leave nice big gaps for them to weave in and out of.

Top Bottom