Take note!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’ve just had a fire in the house! Sons bedroom under the bed! One of those Chinese battery packs for a head torch!
Had two fire tenders come to the house, a bit of damage to the floor and smoke damage in the room! House is stinking of acrid smoke. So be warned this shoot is real and I for one will not have any of that cheap crap in my house again.
Lucky we were in and also nobody hurt !!

colly

Re member eR
Close call there. What if had happend during the night ? Glad you are all ok.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been left on charge it would seem. Yep shouldn’t be left unattended etc . However this is a real life scenario and I have complete lack of trust in any of these battery packs now !

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Unfortunately the cheap Chinese rubbish is everywhere being sold at inflated costs so you think you are buying the real deal . Until you try and use it !

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Close call there!!! :ohmy:
Luckily, you were around to sort the problem.
My cheapo Chinese light/battery pack smoked out during a ride, so posed no danger.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If you have insurance notify them ASAP. They can get the house cleaned and redecorated.
They may also be able to identify the manufacturer of the battery and sue them.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Glad you’re all in one piece!

Stephenite

Membå
I’ve just had a fire in the house! Sons bedroom under the bed! One of those Chinese battery packs for a head torch!
Had two fire tenders come to the house, a bit of damage to the floor and smoke damage in the room! House is stinking of acrid smoke. So be warned this shoot is real and I for one will not have any of that cheap crap in my house again.
Lucky we were in and also nobody hurt !!
Thanks for the warning.

Glad everyone is OK, and there's not too much damage.

D

Deleted member 1258

Glad there were no casualties and it was quickly sorted without major damage.

Top Bottom