Taken - Carrera TDF Worcester/Redditch Reduced to free if .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

I asked someone to look around for a pub/spare commuter bike for me and they went away and bought this and I felt obligated to pay them for it, but it really isn't for me.

Anyone interested?

Frame seems to be in pretty good nick alloy/steel forks, spokes are rusting and it has a wide range 7 speed freewheel and a 46/36 FSA chainset with Tourney STI shifters and mechs, marathons with a bit of life left.

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

I think that it is around 7 years old and had a price of around £299 new, it's Halfords so prices would have been all over the place :smile:, overall it is a very basic bike but if feels well cared for.

I'm 5,11 with a 29" trouser inside leg, the stem is a tad long but the seat height is fine.

It has to be colllection, Redditch (office hours) or Worcester (eve or w/e)

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Good morning,

I asked someone to look around for a pub/spare commuter bike for me and they went away and bought this and I felt obligated to pay them for it, but it really isn't for me.

Anyone interested?

Frame seems to be in pretty good nick alloy/steel forks, spokes are rusting and it has a wide range 7 speed freewheel and a 46/36 FSA chainset with Tourney STI shifters and mechs, marathons with a bit of life left.

View attachment 713438

View attachment 713439

View attachment 713440

I think that it is around 7 years old and had a price of around £299 new, it's Halfords so prices would have been all over the place :smile:, overall it is a very basic bike but if feels well cared for.

I'm 5,11 with a 29" trouser inside leg, the stem is a tad long but the seat height is fine.

It has to be colllection, Redditch (office hours) or Worcester (eve or w/e)

Bye

Ian

Why not strip it and put the parts on a decent 531 frame which is probably more your cuppa tea?!

Good morning,
Why not strip it and put the parts on a decent 531 frame which is probably more your cuppa tea?!
As it stands it is a basic bike with a balanced level of components, it's just not for me.

I just don't like the Tourney STI front shifter, the freewheel/chainrings give a set of gear ratios that are all wrong for me, for some reason the 32t sprocket really annoys me and Marathons are great at what they are intended for.:laugh:

I could change the tyres and freewheel but I have never had a 7 speed freewheel before, I moved from 6 speed freewheels to 7 speed cassettes so I don't know how likely I am to bend rear axles, but in general I seem to break anything that is breakable. So it could easily end up as new 105 shifters, front mech, wheels, cassette, tyres and stem and as I am doing that I might as wel change the rear mech as well and I would be happy!

I've been back on D/T shifters for the commute for the last few months and I am at that age when joints are getting worn out so cheap front STI hurts my middle finger joints (proximal interphalangeal), not only that but the front shifts are so much better with the D/T shifter!

:smile:

The bit I don't have problem with is the frame & forks and if I can't get rid of it, it may end up with Fulcrum 900 wheels and the 10 speed Di2 off the broken CF bike as a sort of a laugh.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Good morning,

Reduced to £35, I paid the £70 in the title, but I just want it gone.:smile:

The front wheel is good, I know this because; :smile:

I got a puncture few hundred yards from work on the way in (on my commute bike), swapped the tube and then got two more in the first few miles on the way home, so I walked back to work and swapped the front wheel for this bike's one. It turned out that there was a small tear where the bead was separating from the rest of the tyre.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is a caveat that I know that I can never enforce:smile: if you sell it within the next twelve months £35 must be donated to a charity that a normal person would recognise as a genuine charity.
I have had the same idea with would-be donations from me. I would be really irked if somebody stuck a gift bike (etc.) on ebay rather than using it themselves or passing it on free to someone else (who ought to agree to the same restriction).

Good evening,
did you ever work out the frame size ?
I never bothered. :smile:

I can measure it on Monday if you are interested, but it is 700c wheels so you can infer a lot from that and it is either medium or large not that that is particularly useful.:smile:

C2.png

I have added a grid and the size of a 700c wheel is a known constant.... but it is not small.

I have taken the front light and bell off.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Good evening,

I never bothered. :smile:

I can measure it on Monday if you are interested, but it is 700c wheels so you can infer a lot from that and it is either medium or large not that that is particularly useful.:smile:

View attachment 714566

I have added a grid and the size of a 700c wheel is a known constant.... but it is not small.

I have taken the front light and bell off.

Bye

Ian

if i remember carrera sizing it was a 51 seat tube aka 54 top tube and a 54 which is a 56 top tube
i can do a 56 if a stick a short stem on it , im 5 foot 7 and my seat height is 68.5 cm to bb with 170 cranks

Top Bottom