Taking a bike on Virgin Atlantic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peekay76

Has anyone taken a bike on a Virgin Atlantic flight before?

I'm going on a work trip to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks and have the weekend free to do some mountain biking. Ideally I'd like to take my own bike and according to the blurb on the Virgin Atlantic website I am allowed to take my bike as sports equipment but I have this inherent fear that I could get to Heathrow and have some sub-clause thrown in my face leaving me unable to travel.

If anyone has any experiences with this I'd be interested to hear about them.

ChrisKH

Guru
I would have thought out of all the carriers they would be the best, but I haven't yet taken anything beyond a folder with them. I'm flying with them on Tuesday, but that's not much use to you as I'm not back for a month...........if I get a chance to ask whilst I'm checking in or, if I see anythin online when I'm checking in electronically I'll give you a shout.

Will1962

I flew with them to Delhi in November and took my Stumpjumper with me (in a bike bag). It was hassle free. I just had to leave the bike with the other over-sized luggage which was then all picked up together.

There was a CTC group on the same flight, so there must have been a dozen or more bikes on the flight.

Just make sure you have a print out from their web-site in case you get someone who isn't up to date with their conditions.

Will

OP
OP
P

peekay76

Excellent, thanks for your help. Making sure I print out the bit from the website is a great idea.

Top Bottom