Taking the piss. You just can't be too careful this days.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
News to me that any man would sit down to pee. Is this just a German thing ?
Though I am surprised that most of the office buildings I visit both in London and Edinburgh don't have urinals any more.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
News to me that any man would sit down to pee. Is this just a German thing ?
Though I am surprised that most of the office buildings I visit both in London and Edinburgh don't have urinals any more.
I sit down if i need to go in the night.
It is quieter, and i dont have to worry about hitting the target in the dark.

I've visited perhaps 6 of my employer's offices in London, all big modern office blocks, not one of them have urinals. None of their major offices in the centre of Edinburgh have them either. The first time I encountered it I had to do a double take that I'd entered the right door, I've got used to it now but am still just as puzzled by it.

Sandra6

Veteran
Why is he peeing on the floor?

D

Deleted member 26715

Is it me as I'm old & easily remember the days as a kid when we only had a bath on Sunday night (whether we needed one or not), but isn't it ironic that they are asking students to pee in the shower to say water, if they only showered every other day or when they were actually dirty & not two/three times a day wouldn't they save more? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-29552557

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I've visited perhaps 6 of my employer's offices in London, all big modern office blocks, not one of them have urinals. None of their major offices in the centre of Edinburgh have them either. The first time I encountered it I had to do a double take that I'd entered the right door, I've got used to it now but am still just as puzzled by it.

More than likely to do with hygiene. Pee splashes around a bit and it's a well know fact that men are dirty beasts who don't clean up after themselves. You can save someone the disgust of having to mix it with wee if you discourage the behaviour in the first place. Some urinals have spots painted into the ceramics because they know that men need a target to aim for. But that's the boring, yet accurate, psychological reason.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Have any of you gents been for a pee after a freezing cold ride and found that your shriveled weenie sprays pee anywhere but down the bog?:blush: :laugh:

It is the two pronged "snake tongue" effect that gets me. Just where do you aim? It is always going to miss the bowl somewhere!:whistle:

You do understand these signs?

9ipzLXGiE.png

Yep... Scotsmen should use different cubicles from normal people!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It is the two pronged "snake tongue" effect that gets me. Just where do you aim? It is always going to miss the bowl somewhere!:whistle:

The only thing to do is direct one of the jets at the toilet. That way you only have half your pee to wipe up and not all of it! Or maybe use your left hand as a tool to deflect the runaway jet into the bog.:laugh:

Top Bottom