Tale of the Unexpected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

User3143 said:
Yes you can quite clearly (well I could anyway)

Yes that is easy to do when sitting at your computer, but remember, this is a very difficult junction where I have to keep an eye out for cars etc coming from behind, from the side, swapping lanes in front etc, as well as possible errant pedestrians (and there have been some in the past!). So the state of the traffic past the lights, past the junction is fairly low down on my priority list.

Feel free to come up to Glasgow and try filtering down the right here. I can assure you, I will have less incidents and less difficulty than you.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Catrike UK said:
It looks like she was getting ready to puke, maybe she was car sick from all the deep fried confectionary that you jockinese eat.
:tongue:

No she was a school kid getting out of the car to cross at the lights to go to the very expensive fee paying school across the road. :wacko:

domtyler

Über Member
That was too fast to be filtering bang in the door zone in my view, no way I would have been going that fast. You were totally out of control there, really bad cycling.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
That was too fast to be filtering bang in the door zone in my view, no way I would have been going that fast. You were totally out of control there, really bad cycling.

I was wondering when you would make a comment like that. You never disappoint!

Look Maggers when are you going to learn. You're a useless twunt of a commuter who can't interpret the highway code because you're reading it upside down. Your interpretation of filtering is based on coffee making and your continuing refusal to go for an eye test is not only adding to your commute, as you never go the same way twice but endangering the lives of little children .......and cats.

GET THE BUS! :tongue:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
Look Maggers when are you going to learn. You're a useless twunt of a commuter who can't interpret the highway code because you're reading it upside down. Your interpretation of filtering is based on coffee making and your continuing refusal to go for an eye test is not only adding to your commute, as you never go the same way twice but endangering the lives of little children .......and cats.

GET THE BUS! :wacko:

What makes it even funnier is that I don't drink coffee and I had an eye test 6 months ago and was told I had better than 20/20 vision! :thumbsup:

However, I should thank you for pointing out that my PC monitor was upside down. For all these years I've thought dom was called wop! :smile:

Cab

I think that there is a point where left filtering is safer. It comes when you get to a certain critical mass of cyclists in a town; there are roads where out of preference I'd filter on the right but I don't do so because there is always a steady stream of left filtering riders (this is Cambridge remember). That means that there is usually a gap on the left, and the motorists can't fail but look out for those cyclists. Go past on the right and you'll scare the willies out of 'em. But otherwise I'll filter past on the right, if I'm going to filter.

In this instance, bushes on the left... I dunno, I'd happily filter down there I think, but if you're in the car door zone you have to be alert. Just as well Magnatom was!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Jake said:
yikes, that was a close one. wasnt expecting that!

We all should expect this though, it's a common hazard when filtering, and it's one of the things that makes filtering on the left more risky. It's much less common for someone to get out the right side of a car, but that does also happen.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I also left filter, but I'm usually rather more careful when doing it than I am when on the right given the higher level of risk. Any filtering needs to be done with caution, mind.

Nicely anticipated there Magnatom.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Before I watched it again, and realised from the posts that it was a little girl, I was wondering if it was deliberate, it was so neatly timed...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
I also left filter, but I'm usually rather more careful when doing it than I am when on the right given the higher level of risk. Any filtering needs to be done with caution, mind.

Nicely anticipated there Magnatom.

Not so sure about the anticipated bit, maybe 'nicely reacted' :smile:

Top Bottom