Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Like a drowned rat, but at least the rain and wind were at my back on the way in. I believe it may be the same for going home also, fingers crossed.

Ciar

Veteran
Return journey was fun, my stuff was so wet from this morning i ended up just in shorts and tshirt, it normally dries by the time i leave :smile:

got as far as a mile from home rain started but not for long, the most dangerous part was the side winds my god talk about slalom hah.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Like @Ciar again, twas a fun commute home. Just before I left it was pissing it down so a ten minute wait for it to stop. Started off wearing lightweight waterproof. A couple of miles in and it was a case of boiling in the bag, so that came off. All in all a very pleasent commute home, only blighted by some headwinds for parts but made up for with a little bout of SCR along the A21 and up Bromley Hill. :-)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I seem to have had it the other way round to most of you today - the rain had passed overnight and it was bright but breezy this morning (6am out of the house) and warm enough for shorts & short sleeved top. Then the rain started mid morning, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped so much that by home time the emergency waterproofs I keep in my locker came out more for the warmth than the dryness. Roads waterlogged and loads of tree debris all over the place.

Got home, bike in the shed, clothing on hangars to dry and, by the time I'd had a shower, the sun was out. Chain cleaned and lubed ready for tomorrow. Strong winds forecast for the rest of the week.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Could it be windier this morning? Who knows. Was blown sideways and grabbed a nasty headwind. Still, tailwind on the way home? Who knows...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It was 2°C just now on my ride to work. :cold: To make it worse, the motorists were behaving even more badly than usual, the selfish idiots.
I'm looking forward to some warm (or even hot) summer weather in only 2 weeks, during my Alps cycling trip. :sun:

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Wife was shocked this morning when i got the bike out of the garage " You cant be going on your bike surely?" she said.
she knows me too well but might be loosing my company car next month so best get used to cycling in the rain.

Was actually a nice ride in, waterproofs keeping me dry.

upload_2017-6-8_8-36-58.png
A guy in a white van pulled out in front of me from a petrol station, I had to smile at his number plate.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Coming down off a kerb this morning, I heard a big slapping noise that I assumed was my chain, but when my rear mudgard ate itself later on in the ride I realised what it probably was.

Whatever you do, do not buy a Canyon Urban, the mounting points are in all sorts of stupid positions.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Funny old commute tonight. Set off after tea and nearly turned back for my sunglasses. Glad I didn't bother because it was a total washout and I arrived at work looking and feeling like a drowned rat. Had to switch on the radiators in the changing room to dry my kit before the return leg which was warm and beautifully dry with bright moonlight and even a slight tailwind!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just finished my last commute for 5 weeks, having ridden home from work. On Wed 21st I fly to Italy to begin my latest Alpine cycling adventure.
cycling-smiley-uphill.gif

Thank you very much, oh Weather Gods! :notworthy: It looks like the weather for the next week or so will be mostly rain-free, which means I can do lots of rides up Mt Dandenong, a mountain only 15km from where I live, which has at least 4 different roads winding their way up it, with a full climb having about 500m ascent. It's perfect for some Alpine training, which I'll need if I want to ride up Mortirolo Pass without dropping dead! :laugh:

Top Bottom