Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
After a few hours off watching my eldest run in her sports day, I set off on the bike to work. As I was officially on a half day I was in no rush in so took a detour. One of my cycling buddies had posted his morning ride on Strava with a little boasting about PB's and the like and also sent a picture of him sunbathing in his back garden with 'enjoy work fellas' in our group whatsapp. My detour took me up the country a bit and actually past this guys house where I seen his BMC out the front. I turned up his drive and stashed his bike in hedges to the side of the house, got back on my bike and rode on to work. An hour later, the whatsapp goes mad. "My bikes been stolen from the front of my house!". I let him sweat a bit, then posted up my ride and named his road among the areas that I covered, still it didn't click. It turns out he'd reported it stolen already to the peelers before it clicked with him. Apart from that just any ordinary pleasant ride in glorious sunshine.
Haha, that will teach him. Lol

John_S

Über Member
It was a blooming lovely ride home tonight!

The sun was shining and once I got out of the city the countryside looked lovely. I've no idea if it was because of the light or the breeze over the crops but anyway it looked lovely out and so I extended my commute home.

The only sketchy bits of the ride were on the small back roads/lanes whereby after storms & heavy rainfall on Saturday a lot of soil, dust, sand and stones had been washed down the roads where it has then gathered at various low points resulting in some bits being like riding through a sandpit. It reminded me of watching a cyclocross race when they go through one of those sand traps. It gave me a lot of respect for the cx racers and the fact that they manage to stay upright at the speeds that they're doing.

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not bad.

tWeVMPT.jpg

Ciar

Veteran
Lovely ride in this fair Thursday morning in Londinium, so on my commute i saw one cyclist who had a run in with a car and was smashing the tom tit out of the passenger window to start, followed by two cars of old bill knicking someone further down the road, then some dodgy overtakes on the CS2 and to top it off, a merc deciding it was a good idea to reverse down a one way road in canary wharf :eek::eek::crazy: love it!

Sixmile

Veteran
How long can this really go on for? This is probably the 3rd absolutely superb week for commuting. I love the mornings when I go out to get the bike and it's warmer outside than inside. It's great just putting on the bibs and a jersey, not worrying about jackets, wool buffs, arm warmers, overshoes...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
How long can this really go on for? This is probably the 3rd absolutely superb week for commuting. I love the mornings when I go out to get the bike and it's warmer outside than inside. It's great just putting on the bibs and a jersey, not worrying about jackets, wool buffs, arm warmers, overshoes...
I have to be prepared for differing temperatures! 20c the way in yesterday at 12:00 ish. 9c on the way home at 02:15!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Until the 22nd as that's when the nights start closing in :okay:

Top Bottom