Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skanker

I timed it a bit better started raining as I climb the hill to home . Could see the black clouds and was riding towards them . Nearly got in dry as well but then been outside all day :rain:

I left 5 minutes after rain stopped this morning and stayed dry and got home 2 minutes before it started again so was pretty lucky. Listened to google maps about a shortcut on the way home though and got sent up a big muddy hill with slick tires, which was an interesting ride.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Pea soup again. Almost scored me a phombie:

upload_2019-9-25_9-10-53.png

He didn't even flinch.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I regret my decision to drive to work yesterday but I did have to pop over to PC world at lunchtime, and visit a farm on the way home. Had I been on the bike I would not have been hit by a speeding driveway minivan who couldn't stop in time on this wet road. ☹️
Bloody cars! We hates them, my precioussss!
IMG_20190925_081540956.jpg
IMG_20190925_073923931.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ooft, you alright?

Yes, thanks - somewhat shaken up, didn't sleep much last night (this happened around 6pm).

The driver said it was his boss's van, and I took down the company details from the side of the van. When I rang his boss he said it belongs to the driver.

No tax since May !

Driver thought 40mph was slow enough around bends on a wet narrow lane.

All in the hands of my insurer now.

Last edited:

C R

Guru
Was fully prepared for a wet ride in, but by the time I had to set off the sun was shining. Waterproof jacket back to the hanger and rode in shorts and short sleeves, as still quite warm.

C R

Guru
Yes, thanks - somewhat shaken up, didn't sleep much last night (this happened around 6pm).

The driver said it was his boss's van, and I took down the company details from the side of the van. When I rang his boss he said it belongs to the driver.

No tax since May - chances of it being insured seem pretty remote at the moment.

Driver thought 40mph was slow enough around bends on a wet narrow lane.

All in the hands of my insurer now.
A like for you being ok. Hopefully your insurer will deal with the mess.

AndyCh

Über Member
Especially as the drains couldn't cope with the rain in London yesterday and sewage was washing back up in to the Embankment cycleway. Pretty grim!

KneesUp

Guru
Embrace the rain, don't bother with waterproofs!
Wish I had mudguards though....
I am very glad I do have them. I saw a chap cycling in jeans with a good, black stripe of crud up his crack and back yesterday - he looked thoroughly miserable! That said, the rear guard on my (new to me) Dahon seems very short - there was a degree of crud on the bag on the rear rack when I got in, but none on me, so that's something!

Skanker

I was battling conkers today, those things are little sh*tbags! I was too worried about the spikey shells and punctures, and the little shiny tw*ts nearly had me off a couple of times.
I might just take on the road and potholes until someone cleans the cycle paths.

Top Bottom