Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A couple of good commutes this week- left early before it was really getting light and rode through sunrise, chilly, a bit of mist. Very nice.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Main light packed in on the ride this morning. My own fault. I thought I could get another commute before recharging, but it suddenly everything went black. :ohmy: Roughly half way along a three mile section with no street lights and just about to switch to an unadopted road. Luckily I had a back up light.
Motorist red light runners tonight. :thumbsdown: Just hoping Greater Manchester Police will take some action.

GetFatty

Über Member
So warmer today but that yucky misty stuff. The Scots have a word for it and I distracted myself for most of the commute by trying to remember what it was.

Saw a cyclist dressed all in black with no lights at around 6am. He was plainly visible though despite what car drivers say

And to the street cleaner in Norwood, thanks for sweeping all that cr*p off the pavement and into the cycle lane. Even better that you did it just as I was going past.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I saw a pal walking his three dogs this morning & stopped for a nice chat. A bit driech but not actually raining.

But I also had two drivers overtake me on a country road into/despite oncoming traffic, which was forced to brake to avoid a collision. I have reported them just in case the rozzers see fit to re-educate them about the Highway Code overtaking rules. Some hope !!

Leaway2

Lycrist
Had one of those "you will not pass drivers" this morning. In traffic between a series of roundabouts. He passes me and pulls into the kerbside of the road. I go round the outside. He passes me. Next roundabout same again, Next rou.................Mercedes. No indicators at any of them.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A nice commute this morning on my fixed R.E.W Reynolds , even stopped to take some pictures.

StickyPTFE

Todays commute was one of those very rare, once in a blue moon. Green traffic light, green traffic light, green traffic light type of ride. The rain also held off.
Nice one.
I had the same ride in today too. However, the forecast doesn't look like the ride home will be so pleasant.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Just a long sleeved jersey on top this morning for me as it was 10 degrees. The rain only started for the last mile or so of my commute so I didn't get very wet at all. And it looks due to pass by before hometime too.

I have been following up on a police email saying that my report of last night's stupid close pass had been "processed" and pushing for information, as the victim of dangerous driving, on what action (if any) they are going to take with this stupid lemming driver. Hope springs eternal !

sleuthey

Legendary Member
My chain came off today. Obviously not going to raise a thread post because of it. But why after 2 years 3000 miles of doing the same commute would it come off? Nothing unusual about the moment when it dropped of my single narrow wide chain ring. First time in 2 years.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My chain came off today. Obviously not going to raise a thread post because of it. But why after 2 years 3000 miles of doing the same commute would it come off? Nothing unusual about the moment when it dropped of my single narrow wide chain ring. First time in 2 years.
That is a head scratcher... guessing it is worn. What is a narrow wide chain ring ?

Top Bottom