Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Stunning ride in and home today. Extended the ride home to get another 10 mins out on the bike.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Spring is on its way along the Roe Green Loop Line near Manchester
5EA61535-F9D1-45E9-8002-2823644C7F17.jpeg

Tom B

Guru
I've said a few times this week it has been great cycling weather.

Even text the FIL one day and told him to turn of the zwidt and get out for a proper bike ride as it was glorious once out and about - it just looked a bit grim.

Monday 13th

Part of my ride home from work, circa 16:20

The old railway embankment, alongside the River Calder
Between ‘Stanley Ferry’ (where the Aire & Calder Navigation Canal + River Calder intersect) & NewLands Woods
Altofts
Wakefield
6F864A9F-6CF2-45F9-8EDA-6CF618623E40.jpeg

I was on the ‘dismantled railway’ (on the OS map)
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5701942

Snowdrops were out near the old Stable-Block

E21F8693-6DED-4F40-A26C-0E0D79F34D33.jpeg

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2416200

Gwylan

Veteran
Delightful promenade from Whitstable to home. Sunny but fresh.

No traffic, few idiots with dogs. The "he's harmless, just wants to play" Having been had off my bike by a playful dog once I'm reluctant to repeat the experience.

Oh, and whilst I'm fermenting. What knob buys all over headphones and then goes out to walk along shared pathways totally oblivious of anything else?
Going to start painting little headphones 🎧 on the crossbar.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I use that stretch of shared path weekly one dog is annoying but those people have half a dozen between three of them chatting ignoring your polite bell and avoiding a yapping fur ball us very irritating. Don'tstart me on the headphone people and have you come across the bloke on the one wheel electric thing yet? Crash hat pads everywhere and charging along.

It's that time of the year again; it was -3 on the way to the office and +7deg on the way home. If I'd left the office on time it would have been T'shirt weather 🌞

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's that time of the year again; it was -3 on the way to the office and +7deg on the way home. If I'd left the office on time it would have been T'shirt weather 🌞

Bit different down here on the glorious SE. 4degs this morning, 13's late this afternoon.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Lol, being a glasses wearer my visibility was zero. I don't know how I even managed my top speed of 19mph on roads I would normally free wheel down at near 30mph. Perhaps it was sprinting on the flat to try and warm up 😂
I'm a glasses wearer as well, but stuck mine in the backpack as they'd have been misted over by the time I reached the main road. Trying to turn out of the side street onto the main road it was easier to listen for traffic than to look for it as the fog was that thick. Didn't stop some car drivers being on sidelights/DRLs only, even at just after 7am.

Much better for the afternoon return with clear skies, about 10°C and no school run to contend with.

I'm a glasses wearer as well, but stuck mine in the backpack as they'd have been misted over by the time I reached the main road. Trying to turn out of the side street onto the main road it was easier to listen for traffic than to look for it as the fog was that thick. Didn't stop some car drivers being on sidelights/DRLs only, even at just after 7am.

Much better for the afternoon return with clear skies, about 10°C and no school run to contend with.

I'm too blind for that 😂

I got stuck in the office so it was down to 7deg when I left but it was much more pleasant and my lights on flashing rather than solid were more than adequate 👍

Top Bottom