Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Most predictable commute of the year:

Look out of window - dry and mild.
Check weather forecast - will stay dry and mild all day.
Don't bother to put waterproof in back pocket.
Drenching heavy drizzle starts half way in.
Arrive absolutely soaked.

Schoolboy error.

I never wear a waterproof jacket, if I get wet, then I get wet, doesn't really bother me. I always shower and change when I reach the office anyhow, and we have a tumble dryer to dry my cycling kit if necessary.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I never wear a waterproof jacket, if I get wet, then I get wet, doesn't really bother me. I always shower and change when I reach the office anyhow, and we have a tumble dryer to dry my cycling kit if necessary.

Get you, tumble drier ! I have an oil radiator I robbed, and it's hidden at the side of my desk, otherwise I'd be getting into damp sweaty cycling gear. There is a drying cabinet, but it's not accessible, and kept under lock and key.

Alex321

Veteran
Get you, tumble drier ! I have an oil radiator I robbed, and it's hidden at the side of my desk, otherwise I'd be getting into damp sweaty cycling gear. There is a drying cabinet, but it's not accessible, and kept under lock and key.

It is indeed a very nice feature of our office. It is a lot nicer having dry kit to put on when you leave, even if you are going to get wet again in a few minutes.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Another close call at the same place I mentioned a few weeks ago. Another two chancers tried to nip in front of me once thier filter had ended.

The second one again I really didn't expect to go for it, I'd held back slightly as I knew the first one would. Second guy just ignored me and carried on even when her had seen me. Think the camera is going to have to come out.

There are no visibility issues and today I was in a very bright hi Viz jacket and it was daylight.

Screenshot_2023-02-03-17-48-43-928_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Sub zero and still misty for this morning's commute. The mist not only collected & then froze on my gloves and sleeves, but also on the lap area of my Ronhills causing somewhat chilly privates!

• Wow
Reactions: C R

fossyant

Another close call at the same place I mentioned a few weeks ago. Another two chancers tried to nip in front of me once thier filter had ended.

The second one again I really didn't expect to go for it, I'd held back slightly as I knew the first one would. Second guy just ignored me and carried on even when her had seen me. Think the camera is going to have to come out.

There are no visibility issues and today I was in a very bright hi Viz jacket and it was daylight.

View attachment 676629

Right by the Nissan garage. Loads jump there !

fossyant

Different commute for me today, Paddington to St. Pancras on a Santander Cycle. I was going to do a loop of Regents Park en route but my cold fingers said no !

View attachment 677121

View attachment 677122

Did you find Platform 9 3/4 's ?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

get you :smile:
over the back of a chair close to the boiler plant that paints the suspension arms is as good as i get

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another cold, frosty & misty commute. The temperature sensor in my back garden was showing -3°C and the Garmin showed -5°c for most of the ride. Had a silly slow speed off on ice on an exposed corner - I felt the back wheel slide and thought 'Oh Sh..' as the front then went from under me. No damage apart from scraping the new pedals.

fossyant

Lovely ride in. Bit nippy. I manage fine with normal MTB gloves although my thumbs get a little cold until the first 'climb' then they are fine for the rest of the ride. Lots of cyclists on the Fallowfield Loop, and not icy. Looking forward to ditching the Ice tyres come March.

Top Bottom