Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A commute of two halves this morning.
The first half I had drizzle and wet roads, for the second half it was dry with dry roads. Blustery winds though, which meant by the time I got to work myself and my clothing were dry.
A little colder too, nearly 10° colder then yesterdays commute home.

Rainy commute #17
Same period last year 16 rainy commutes.

I'm impressed by your record keeping - generally I have a spreadsheet for everything but even mine don't go so deep!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm impressed by your record keeping - generally I have a spreadsheet for everything but even mine don't go so deep!

Must admit I do use a spread sheet too.
If you go back through this thread you will see I have been noting the rainy commutes for years.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Apparently there is a storm on the way in - missed the rain this morning, but it's piddling down again now. Hopefully it will literally 'blow' over by the return home !

im due out any minute , light rain but really bad winds so sod that .The roofer has who coming to do the roof edge is liable to rearrange it as its a bit dodgy to be up there atm .

Nothing really to report this morning other than the weather. When I first got up it was dry and although the trains were running on a reduced service because of industrial action I went in time for the early train which I knew wasn't running in the hope of getting to the station in the dry. I don't think I even got to the end of the street and it was even worse when I got of the train not helped by the headwind.
At least I'd get a tailwind tonight, not so the wind doubled in strength and switched round to the opposite direction 🙃

biking_fox

Guru
Sorry to my lovely northern cycle commuting chums on here, but in SE London it was glorious sunshine and no wind for this mornings ride. Along with half term holidays it made for a very nice, quick (second quickest of the year so far) cycle commute into work. Magic.
Manchester fun again today - no sun, but no traffic and light wind. More ran scheduled across the afternoon but hopefully will have stopped again by the time I leave.

Alex321

Veteran
Damp in South Wales. Raining lightly for about half the ride, and wet roads for all of it. And colder than expected -b the fiorecast had been for 9-10, when it was actually 6-7. But little wind, and an incident free 15 miles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Certainly no sun in Manchester, but the wind has dropped - was somewhat entertaining on the ride home last night - fast then wallop, big gust and slow. Fairly quick ride in, but now the mornings are lighter, loads more dog walkers, two horse riders and a load of runners. Same amount of bikes though.

Sorry to my lovely northern cycle commuting chums on here, but in SE London it was glorious sunshine and no wind for this mornings ride. Along with half term holidays it made for a very nice, quick (second quickest of the year so far) cycle commute into work. Magic.

Half term actually can make the train a nightmare, like last night lots of buggies, kids and suitcases on the rush hour train and with the strikes 🙄 At least the roads are nice and quiet in Hertford town but I think I actually prefer it congested and bypass the queues and I kinda miss that in school holidays 😂

Alex321

Veteran
Half term actually can make the train a nightmare, like last night lots of buggies, kids and suitcases on the rush hour train and with the strikes 🙄 At least the roads are nice and quiet in Hertford town but I think I actually prefer it congested and bypass the queues and I kinda miss that in school holidays 😂

Easter holidays are over here - they were the week before and after Easter itself. It varies around the country whether it was those two weeks or Easter week and this week.

Top Bottom