Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Toasty ride here too. Short sleeves and shorts for this morning. Though there was a little bit of drizzle in the air but not enough to feel wet.
With school holidays here I was on course for the fastest ride in for the year, until I met a long time fellow cycling commuter. So slowed down to have a natter. We've seen each other on the commute for at least ten years and today I finally found out what his name is.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The mudgaurds i added to the commuter rub like nobody's even though i set them up perfectly and tight , every bump the back one would move so after the 3-4 th attempt to get it straight i gave up and rode home to a constant noise.Im thinking they are probably for narrow tyres as i have had them a long time so i will have to take them off and try again.
It was chucking it down yesterday afternoon so i was drying kit out all evening at work then coming home it was a headwind although it was warmer and dry

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did it... broke the fastest commute time of the year record. By a good amount. Very little traffic due to the last day of the school holidays. Traffic lights being on my side and a bit of SCR with an e-bike*. Mild temperatures again this morning. It all made for a very nice, quick ride in.

*Said e-bike was highly illegal of course. He passed me at a rate of knots hardly pedalling as I was doing at least 23/24mph. I caught up with him at a set of lights. Asked him how he made it so illegally fast. He said he uses the buttons on the handle bar. Didn't understand what I was saying. So I asked again. Said he got the bike from a pawn shop.
Got to the next junction at red and of course he hopped onto the pavement, over the junction around a joining car and zoomed off.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Horrible this morning - about 5hrs kip, started off with a bit of rain that got increasingly heavy as the journey progressed. Wasn't even warm spring rain; just big, cold, stinging drops being driven into my face by the prevailing headwind :sad:

Waterproofs did a reasonable job, however my base layer got a bit damp and by about mile five I could feel liquid water sloshing around in my shoes. On my second pair of socks which feel noticeably wet as they continue to absorb water out of the shoes; first pair are out in the non-sun amid vain hopes they'll dry enough to get the third and final dry pair into circulation..

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Pretty dry roads on my ride in this morning in Brizzle. However, the wind was horrendous, it turned my front wheel a few times on the ride. Fortunately I missed the hail and rain which hit just after I got to the office, so small mercies!

Got drenched in the squall coming down the railway path at 8am yesterday (Monday). Ok today but getting down into Lower Easton, I see the paint vandals were out overnight and daubed the path with graffiti....again.

Top Bottom