Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donnydave

Über Member
first ride in 2 weeks due to being ill, can;t believe how much my fitness has dropped off but it was still nice as it was sunny and fairly calm

Twilkes

Guru
Can I remove it if I pay? :laugh:

Yes, but it has to be removed by riding over it with a bare rim of my choice, and I get to keep the rim.

[ToSelf]This is turning out to be a pretty sweet deal...[\ToSelf]

jarlrmai

Veteran
yeah but I removed and cleaned up the seatpost at the same time, so it could be height but I'm pretty sure I got it back to the same height.

The Horse's Mouth

Proud to be an Inverted snob!
Finally lost it this morning with another cyclist. My favoutite junction Cable Street & Cannon St Rd http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=e1&...oid=sT8TesV9LuyzPN7m15NY9g&cbp=12,265.78,,0,0
Going along CS3 stopped at lights. Waiting for green at stop. Now traffic was going across in front of me so nowhere to go. Cyclist goes passed me and then stops at the junction literally 5 yrds in front of me. Lights go green and within 10 yds I have to overtake him but cant because of oncoming traffic. Eventually get to overtake and once along side give him both barrels.

Why oh why oh why do people do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BSRU

A Human Being
yeah but I removed and cleaned up the seatpost at the same time, so it could be height but I'm pretty sure I got it back to the same height.
I use electrical tape to mark the seat post height if I need to remove it as it can be such a faff trying to get it perfect again.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This mornings commute was the first this year I hadn't had to use any lights.

I ran in to hamstring issues when my seat was not high enough and not far enough forward. pretty certain it was the not far enough forward issue for me that did it. When peddling do you feel like your feet are too far forward?

D

Deleted member 1258

Cold grey morning with a stiff head wind, hard work, tonight I'm picking up the car from the garage so I'm on a different route and have a stiff tail wind, indulged in a bit of SCR, passed another cyclist and he caught up with me whilst I'm dealing with traffic at the next set of lights, and so it goes on, when I've got clear road I'm riding away from him, in traffic he's catching up, we did this about three times before I turned off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finally lost it this morning with another cyclist. My favoutite junction Cable Street & Cannon St Rd http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=e1&...oid=sT8TesV9LuyzPN7m15NY9g&cbp=12,265.78,,0,0
Going along CS3 stopped at lights. Waiting for green at stop. Now traffic was going across in front of me so nowhere to go. Cyclist goes passed me and then stops at the junction literally 5 yrds in front of me. Lights go green and within 10 yds I have to overtake him but cant because of oncoming traffic. Eventually get to overtake and once along side give him both barrels.

Why oh why oh why do people do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called training. God you get extra cyclists to pass at junctions. I wish it was more than one to pass.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Feel like a real, bona-fide commuter after tonights homeward commute. Ended up on the deck after being left hooked:eek:

No harm done and I feel a bit sheepish for getting caught out in such an obvious manner. I was filtering up the left of traffic as it queued and shuffled towards temporary traffic lights. I usually go on the right but tonight everyone seemed to be giving the marked cycle lane an extra wide berth so I went on the left. A motorist suddenly signaled and simultaneously turned left without thinking/checking (decided on a shortcut to avoid the roadworks maybe?) and despite my best efforts to stop I bounced noisily off the passenger door and mirror. All very amicable and we exchanged details 'just in case' but the thing that really got me was his parting comment "you should really wear a helmet to stop this sort of thing"?!?!?! WTF does that mean? If I wear a helmet will it stop me from being knocked off?

Rest of the journey was fine but I need a new plastic plug for one of my bar-ends :sad:

Top Bottom