Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

We've all got fingers crossed for you @Randombiker9 - how are you getting on?

Unfortunately I was at my volunteering yesterday so I couldnt check. My mums going later today to check and I had no one to back me as my friends are all working and my brothers too far away and hates me.

Zanelad

Guru
Unfortunately I was at my volunteering yesterday so I couldnt check. My mums going later today to check and I had no one to back me as my friends are all working and my brothers too far away and hates me.

Why do you need back up to see if the bike's still there? If it isn't then your problem's gone as well.

Perhaps you should put your needs before the volunteering.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well update: it got sorted (not by me much if you want to know how PM me)
:angry:
A good few people on here offered helpful suggestions as to how to reclaim your bike. The best you can do is be a bit more civil and post in the thread.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Wife was out when i got back to the ranch last night so stuck another 20mi on my ride:

upload_2019-7-16_8-52-33.png

Met this tosspot though (excuse the language):

rugby bloke

Veteran
Strangely busy with cars on the Northants leg, encouragingly busy with cyclists through London.. Had an interesting incident with a scaffold lorry heading down Grey's Inn Road. The lorry was slowing down ahead of the group of cyclists I was with, The guy ahead of of me decides to over take the lorry at which point it swings out to the right so it is perpendicular to the road. The cyclist takes evasive action and the rest of us express mild surprise. At which point the banskman appears from no-where and the following conversation takes place:
Him: "Watch the indicators, watch the indicators !"
Me: "I can't, he's got his hazards on"
Him: "Well, what do hazards mean ? Something is going to happen"
Me: "Which is why we all slowed down whilst we accessed what to do"
Him: "Well, go past now"
Me: "Now ? The reversing lights are on and he is moving backwards, I think I'll wait thanks"

On a lighter note, for part of the ride I followed a bloke giving his young daughter a backy, she in her school uniform and carryiing a rucksack ... He was still as quick as me so I reckon he must be a pretty useful rider when he is on his own!

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Riding home on quiet roads at about 9pm after a work cricket match,I found a dangerous driver who has really shaken me up.

Cycling along the High Street dodging potholes and manhole covers, and observing the pointless painted bike symbols on the road, I became aware of a VW Golf driver travelling exceptionally close to my back wheel.

He could hardly have got closer without hitting me.

I put my right arm out with my open palm behind me in a pushing motion, and shouted "Back Off" but (unusually in this situation) he did not back off.

He continued to drive way too close to my back wheel - I was seriously alarmed by how close he continued to drive to me, but I had nowhere to go.

He then overtook me too close.

He claimed I was riding too far out in the road when I caught up with him at the red light ahead, but that was not the case. I was riding in secondary position and avoiding manhole covers and potholes. Anyway, it was no excuse at all for getting so close to me at 20mph.

I have reported him to the Police and asked for prosecution. If you want to see it you can do so here
View: https://youtu.be/x1CdYBQiPXE
but be warned it is NSFW as my language is somewhat unparliamentary.

He referred to my camera, but I don't think he realised I had one running on the rear as well (Aldi job used as a back light). If the dashcam review officers think a letter to the registered keeper is sufficient for this driving then I will be making a formal complaint.

rugby bloke

Veteran
That was bloody close, glad you are ok. Some drivers just don't realize that it just takes a pot hot or piece of road debris and you have no where to go. I have a similar run out if Wellingborough station - its down hill but the road is terrible and you have to weave your way around the pot holes and other hazards.
Hopefully the driver will be punished.

Top Bottom