Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
As the forecast for today was good, yesterday I prepped my best bike, popped the mudguards on it etc..

Of course, that guaranteed a soggy commute !

Had a fast pass that felt too close, but on looking at the rear footage, although the driver certainly didn't leave 1.5m from me, it was not all that close.

50mph meant it felt worse than it was.
View attachment 489947

This. I feel you on this one. I often find myself shouting all kinds of expletives only to discover that, actually, it's not that bad just a little careless on the driver's part.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, after a week of cycle touring in Southern Spain in temperatures pushing 30° at times (and one morning down to 1°). It was a bit of a shock to the system to get back on the SE London commute in the dark, cold and wet.
Though after a week of Spanish mountain miles of 25,000ft of climbing, my legs felt surprisingly fresh. I've not put the commute/Tourer back together fully yet so I dug out the Van Nich and threw on a raceblade on the rear. It was lovely to throw around compared to a double panniered bike.

So rainy commute # 39 of the year, the same amount as the same period of time last year. We are on par rainy commute wise,.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
This. I feel you on this one. I often find myself shouting all kinds of expletives only to discover that, actually, it's not that bad just a little careless on the driver's part.

On reflection I have reported it. This is way too close at 40-50mph. Tolerable at 30 but for Pete's sake !!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It's on mornings like this with heavy rain and minimal light that you realise just how many of those nasty, slippery metal covers there are in the roads and how badly placed they are on corners, junctions, etc.

The good news is that I finally dug out my Northwave winter boots and got to work with dry feet despite 11 miles of heavy rain & road spray.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yesterday: 3c. Today? 9c. Make up your mind winter, are you coming or not?

Yep, 7° when I left this morning but looking at thr forecast, it seems to be getting warmer again with teen temperatures by the end of the week. And at least the rain has gone for a while.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had a final commute from the job I'm leaving today. Got to leave a bit early, but slightly weighed down from having to bring back my big lock and a big bag of chickpeas I was giving as part of my leaving present.
Suma? :whistle:

GetFatty

Über Member
Yep, 7° when I left this morning but looking at thr forecast, it seems to be getting warmer again with teen temperatures by the end of the week. And at least the rain has gone for a while.
Ha!!! This morning my outside thermometer was reporting 3C. The Alexa was saying 7C. Thankfully I believed the outdoor one and wore a jacket and lobster gloves.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It's a poor photo taken at max zoom on a cheap phone in low light during my Mon evening commute, but there's definitely a very large giraffe in that field near Cobham. Well, a life sized model anyway.

Not sure why. Guy Fawkes? Seems a bit off to burn effigies of endangered animals.

20191021_173816_HDR.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It's a poor photo taken at max zoom on a cheap phone in low light during my Mon evening commute, but there's definitely a very large giraffe in that field near Cobham. Well, a life sized model anyway.

Not sure why. Guy Fawkes? Seems a bit off to burn effigies of endangered animals.

View attachment 490198
Nessie gone walkabout?

Top Bottom