Talk about Lucky !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
About 6 weeks ago some scrote nicked my Surly , my own silly stupid fault ,tonight I got a call from GF about 4-30 , she had seen it inside Iceland Twickenham , so all 4'11 of her went in to see what the story was , a bloke appeared after finishing at the check , by this time
A a check out person called the instore security , When she confronted him he said it was his , she asked him again and noted that the police would be called , so he gave up and said he had bought it cheap from some 'Geezer ' he let her take it no questions ?, I am on the bus now going to retrieve it , I didn't make a song and dance when it was knocked off , if I do silly things I just take it on the
'Chin' but what a result !!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
About 6 weeks ago some scrote nicked my Surly , my own silly stupid fault ,tonight I got a call from GF about 4-30 , she had seen it inside Iceland Twickenham , so all 4'11 of her went in to see what the story was , a bloke appeared after finishing at the check , by this time
A a check out person called the instore security , When she confronted him he said it was his , she asked him again and noted that the police would be called , so he gave up and said he had bought it cheap from some 'Geezer ' he let her take it no questions ?, I am on the bus now going to retrieve it , I didn't make a song and dance when it was knocked off , if I do silly things I just take it on the
'Chin' but what a result !!

Result.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
That's good news, although I suppose he could have been telling the truth. He could have brought it cheap off the lowlife who originally stole it from you.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
So? It is still Ozboz's bike. If anyone buys an improbably cheap bike off someone they don't know, then they cannot reasonably argue that it never occurred that it was stolen.
Fair enough. Although some dimwits do really have no idea how much bikes are worth. Someone I know wanted a decent road bike and they were only prepared to pay 50 quid for one.

Slick

Guru
Excellent news, quietly impressed with the GF, well done her. Enjoy the bike but get anew lock before you retrieve it, as if you lose it again she may...... :B)

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The girlfriend is a keeper!

Top Bottom