Talk about Lucky !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Well the Surley is well and truly at home , the mudguards have disappeared and it needs a service , rear derailleur very noisy and brake cables loose , I noted riding back home that the saddle was very high , apparently the bloke was about 6-2 , he had paid someone for it , when she told him that the bike is on the National Bike Register, and had her phone ready to call the Cops he backed off with that and the fact the Police would be involved , these people are not very bright , in the 2 years I've owned it I have only ever seen one other Tangerine Cross Check , ( in central London last January ) a bit of a rare bird , in my mind it had gone a long way away because it was fairly rare , and there it was 2.5 miles away! , anyway all will be put to right over weekend ,
I left it where I thought it would be safe for an hour , I had gone out without my bag in which I keep the lock , on the way home a mate called me to look at some drawings to price a job ,
So lesson learned , no where is safe , even locked , but yes , I took a chance and lost ,
Very very fortunate To get it back
Thanks for all comments , nice of you all to reply , There will be special treats for her ,
Cheers !

Congratulations.

Do you mean you didn't lock it? Or used some very piddly lock?

Cripes.

In london.

Very lucky. Lesson learned, so all good.

I know a leading member of a london cycling group. Had a bike, albeit i think an old tatty one, taken from a london street.

I asked him how it had been locked.

"A piece of string" he said.

classic33

Leg End Member
About 6 weeks ago some scrote nicked my Surly, my own silly stupid fault ,tonight I got a call from GF about 4-30 , she had seen it inside Iceland Twickenham , so all 4'11 of her went in to see what the story was , a bloke appeared after finishing at the check , by this time
A a check out person called the instore security, When she confronted him he said it was his , she asked him again and noted that the police would be called , so he gave up and said he had bought it cheap from some 'Geezer ' he let her take it no questions ?, I am on the bus now going to retrieve it , I didn't make a song and dance when it was knocked off, if I do silly things I just take it on the 'Chin' but what a result !!

Well the Surley is well and truly at home, the mudguards have disappeared and it needs a service, rear derailleur very noisy and brake cables loose , I noted riding back home that the saddle was very high , apparently the bloke was about 6-2, he had paid someone for it, when she told him that the bike is on the National Bike Register, and had her phone ready to call the Cops he backed off with that and the fact the Police would be involved, these people are not very bright , in the 2 years I've owned it I have only ever seen one other Tangerine Cross Check , ( in central London last January ) a bit of a rare bird , in my mind it had gone a long way away because it was fairly rare , and there it was 2.5 miles away! , anyway all will be put to right over weekend, I left it where I thought it would be safe for an hour , I had gone out without my bag in which I keep the lock, on the way home a mate called me to look at some drawings to price a job ,
So lesson learned , no where is safe , even locked, but yes, I took a chance and lost,
Very very fortunate To get it back,
Thanks for all comments , nice of you all to reply , There will be special treats for her ,
Cheers !
Given the slight difference in heights she did well.

D

Deleted member 26715

Hopefully the purchaser goes back to the seller & dishes out some justice

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Did you want a load of us to give you a lecture about that, or have you got that covered?
Oh Gawd !
no lectures please !
;)

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
Right so the story to this is.GF wants full commit from ozboz,she gets pal to borrow bike for a few days.He then brings it back to her shop.Where she acts as though she knows it's been stolen.A clever bit of play acting takes place.Pal leaves,now leaving GF a heroine.ozboz feeling under pressure pops question she says yes,and all live happily ever after,brilliant GF.

classic33

Leg End Member
Right so the story to this is.GF wants full commit from ozboz,she gets pal to borrow bike for a few days.He then brings it back to her shop.Where she acts as though she knows it's been stolen.A clever bit of play acting takes place.Pal leaves,now leaving GF a heroine.ozboz feeling under pressure pops question she says yes,and all live happily ever after,brilliant GF.
Now that makes more sense.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Did you want a load of us to give you a lecture about that, or have you got that covered?

Now that makes more sense.

Wot !!!! You reckon I've been hoodwinked Lads ???

Top Bottom