Talk this bike down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Canrider

Guru
Do it. I'm considering buying one of these:

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=32208

and riding it fixed. Trouble is, I can't find any non-completely-glowing reviews (Largely by people selling them, naturally! Can't imagine they'd have any stake in boosting it..). And the LBS isn't going to go for getting one in for me to try out, in case I don't plump for it.

So go on, cut it down, point out where it's crap, or ugly, or where it's going to get me killed, or make people set dogs on me.

Any thoughts?

gkerr4

it's not the best looking thing (imo) - and a bloody awful colour scheme

it also has canti-brakes which for me are just plain wrong on a roadbike unless you are using it as a cross-bike and truly need the mud clearance.
(although i admit that they probably are pretty powerful compared t the usual dual-caliper type)

why not just for for a langster? - its cheaper and probably lighter

It's plain wrong, a solution for a question no-one asked. A single speed cross bike fer fecks sake. If you set it up for fixed you'll want to take the back brake off but you'll be left with canti bosses and ugly sticky-out cable stop. It's inelegant and clear evidence of manufacturers cynically trying to 'out-niche' each other. You'd be better off with a Langster, which, whether you like it or not is at least true to itself. Or the Condor, which is proper. One should consider to which segment of the market this bike is targeted. And do you really want to be associated with the kind of twats who will buy such an abortion?

Will that do?

Rev Will

The headset is some sort of magical Specialized own solution, and the stock BB is not only cheap, but mine more or less exploded on removal.

Admittedly, this was all off a Langster, but the bits are the same.

Though, for the price, it is pretty good. ;)

OP
OP
Canrider

Canrider

Guru
Yes mickle, that'll do. ;) Thanks guys!!

(Just watch, I bet I wind up buying one anyway..)

Oh, hey, mickle, have you seen a guy riding a Langster around York? He's got the 'Lang' on the top tube covered with a sticker that says 'W*nk'. :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
It's American mass produced crap.
It's a Cross bike.
It looks shoot.
It'll ride like a dog and the brakes won't work.

domtyler said:
It's American mass produced crap.
It's a Cross bike.
It looks shoot.
It'll ride like a dog and the brakes won't work.

No it's Taiwan mass produced crap. There's better fixies out there if that's your thing.

Top Bottom