Talk to me about Pressure Washers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Very true. Watch out for weak shed doors when using the pressure washer. I learned about that the hard way....

I managed to completely remove the antique stone effect from a plastic plant pot a couple of years ago. Hope my mother doesn't read CC because i just turned it around and I don't think she's noticed. :blush:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
thanks for the replies. Which Nilfisk model do you have @Houthakker ?

Also, has anyone tried those patio cleaner attachments that looks like an upturned bowl. Are they a game changer or a gimmick?

Gimmick. Standard jet does the job.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Also, has anyone tried those patio cleaner attachments that looks like an upturned bowl. Are they a game changer or a gimmick?

It can be a lot faster if it's just loose dirt, but if engrained staining (algae/moss) then it doesn't handle ot very well unless you go ultra slow, so at that point you might as well use the normal head. Maybe a soak with some dedicated patio/algae clener and srub off first with a coarse yard brush. Then leave it rest and jet off. If you then pressure wash more frequently it should be easier than leaving it for ages at a time.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The new (refurbished) pressure washer arrived today (Nilfisk Titan X-tra) and i was excited to give it a try... but the cheap plastic connectors on the hosepipe betwix the wall and washer let me down (to be fair, they're well over a decade old), so picked up some new brass connectors which I'll fettle onto the old pipe and have another try tomorrow, in the rain.

Mother and I agree that it's a nice shade of blue :okay:

icowden

Veteran
I really rate my Nilfisk patio attachment.

i think they probably work well if your pressure washer is also pretty good. less so with the cheapo ones like mine

Jameshow

Veteran
The main problem is that they split the jet into a rotating spray, so you automatically get less pressure, which means less cleaning power.

I find it better as the reduced pressure dosent lift the mortar between patio slabs..

Top Bottom