Tandem Hire - Yorkshire - any advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Enlighten me?........
The Twelve Apostles.jpg

map-twelve-apostles-walk.jpg

Up on Ilkley Moor

Enjoy.

You might even see "The Twelve Disciples Apostles".
If that kinda thing "rocks your boat" (and it does mine :tongue:), then avoid Ilkley Moor, and its Victorian, Edwardian, and other reconstructions and replicas.

Head north of the river, up to Askwith Moor or Snowden Carr. There are several posts on that blog - about the Tree of Life stone, a circle, a village, a graveyard, etc. And it is quite "magic" (... sorry, but words failed me!). So much more evocative, provocative, and "alive" (yes, I know - 4000 year old stones are not alive! But nobody's buggered around with them.

Just a thought. One of my favourite places to ride to.

classic33

Leg End Member
If that kinda thing "rocks your boat" (and it does mine :tongue:), then avoid Ilkley Moor, and its Victorian, Edwardian, and other reconstructions and replicas.

Head north of the river, up to Askwith Moor or Snowden Carr. There are several posts on that blog - about the Tree of Life stone, a circle, a village, a graveyard, etc. And it is quite "magic" (... sorry, but words failed me!). So much more evocative, provocative, and "alive" (yes, I know - 4000 year old stones are not alive! But nobody's buggered around with them.

Just a thought. One of my favourite places to ride to.
They'd miss the cattle grid, near the bottom, on entering Ilkley. Can't do that!

Top Bottom