Tandems with a bigger back end.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
@stephec
Might be a bit late to post but do you trust him to ride as pilot, then it may not be a problem on sizing?
He used to ride regularly until he had a cardiac arrest 2.5 years ago, the brain injury from that has affected his balance and concentration so he wouldn't be able to sit on the front, trouble is that he's three inches taller than me.

furbo

Bit late replying but son and I used this peugeot tandem for veloretro, hes about an inch taller than me but put a fullsized seat post in therear seattube and bar ends to extend the rear handlebars. Worked for us.

Attachments

• P1030946.jpeg
    P1030946.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 22

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
In the past I had long term loan of a tandem with kiddie ranks. This was an additional set of cranks at a high level and a chain connecting the additional cranks to the normal rear position. There were also side bars to prevent the child falling out.

grldtnr

In the past I had long term loan of a tandem with kiddie ranks. This was an additional set of cranks at a high level and a chain connecting the additional cranks to the normal rear position. There were also side bars to prevent the child falling out.
Fitting Kiddie cranks will not solve this conundrum.
But thinking laterally, as a low down ,layabout cyclist of the recumbent variety, maybe a recumbent of some design would suit.
Speak to Kevin at D.tek recumbents, he is a cornucopia of odd design bikes,
Best to telephone, he is notorious to contact, but ever so helpful and friendly to deal with.
In the end ,it's going to be a special needs machine that's going to help here.

Top Bottom