Tannus Tyres...the whole hog!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silva

Über Member
Most punctures are rarely the first time an object embeds in the tyre. It's after its had time to work through the tyre. Remove stuff out of the tyre before riding and you'll see less punctures anyway.
For some reason, for me, that is only the case for the front tire. Likely due to the much lower weight on it.
The rear tire was always a near direct leak, or none. I never found glass in the rear tire, and a hundred times in the front tire. I think the objects are pressed out in the rear wheel case, and if not, it's just an instant flat. The last year I used Schwalbes Marathon Plus, apparently a new version - the antileak had another color than the many years before - anything that reached the antileak, wasn't pressed out. It's like the new (?) antileak compound "sticks" objects.

Kell

Veteran
"Roughly, the average rider power requirements on a course with a zero net elevation gain is broken down into 60% rider drag, 8% wheel drag, 8% frame drag, 12% rolling resistance .5% wheel inertia forces and 8% bike/rider inertia.

I was under the impression that drag was a much higher factor.

If you can find the Guy Martin Speed programme, when they built a tandem, I’m pretty sure it was around the 93% mark that was quoted.

Kell

Veteran
Just found it on Daily Motion.

Mike Burrows explains it all - and I guess he knows a little bit about bike design.

From about 5:15 in the video below.

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3g0lqm

I was slightly out.

90% air resistance.
7% rolling resistance
3% mechanical resistance.

Attachments

• 016840FC-2821-4AE7-B530-B022F7E39423.png
    016840FC-2821-4AE7-B530-B022F7E39423.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 2
  • C48B40FB-ED3F-416F-9C1E-DDB97A405381.png
    C48B40FB-ED3F-416F-9C1E-DDB97A405381.png