Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I miss the integration into the android os, notifications were very useful, and ensured I didn't miss replies. Surprising how much stuff I miss when using the browser version.

I now view CycleChat using Opera Mobile on Android. If I select single column view in the settings it seems to make a small difference to how pages are presented which is much more readable and manageable on my samsung galaxy S2.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Slightly annoying having paid for the premium app with no ads.
Users of the free app know they're getting spammed.
Surely it's a choice for the users?
Thin end of the wedge stuff.
Huff.

What do you mean 'Thin edge of the wedge'?

edindave

Über Member
Read this thread. Then perhaps you will understand why it was pulled rather then getting yourself in a huff.

I did read it (ok skimmed it). I don't get adverts. I've lost my access via the app. I paid money for it. I'm in a huff about it. I'm being selfish.

What do you mean 'Thin edge of the wedge'?

Yeah, I'm afraid it's a crap cliche which in hindsight doesn't really have context.
I just blurted it out in a kind of casual conversational reaction I'd perhaps have when arbitrary decisions are made for the benefit of others. I'm not really that bothered about it.

Still I wonder how many TP users were there? How many free TP users complained about the adverts?

</huff>

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did read it (ok skimmed it). I don't get adverts. I've lost my access via the app. I paid money for it. I'm in a huff about it. I'm being selfish.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's a crap cliche which in hindsight doesn't really have context.
I just blurted it out in a kind of casual conversational reaction I'd perhaps have when arbitrary decisions are made for the benefit of others. I'm not really that bothered about it.

Still I wonder how many TP users were there? How many free TP users complained about the adverts?

</huff>

If you read the thread fully you will see that the reasons for it being pulled is not just about the adverts.

Lpoolck

Veteran
I'm guessing the liklihood of Tapatalk coming back is slim. So why don't CC look at making their own version of Tapatalk. I know other forums have their own application.

bpsmith

Veteran
So how do you go straight to Participated Threads on the mobile browser, like I Always used to on Tapatalk?

paul04

Über Member
The mobile version of cc is very easy to use, here are a few screen shots I've just done on my mobile phone.

Screenshot_2013-10-21-08-50-06.png
Screenshot_2013-10-21-08-50-24.png
Screenshot_2013-10-21-08-51-03.png

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can hardly be described as a luddite but I find most Android browsers frustrating to use for anything other than basic searches. For example Chrome doesn't have a quit/exit option, you have to leave it open. Navigation in Dolphin is a bit hit and miss. Boat Browser was quite good until it started behaving very strangely with the keyboard (not showing input etc). So those people who have successfully switched to Android browsers, what are you using?

paul04

Über Member
I have just opened cc on the chrome browser on my mobile phone and the site is just as good and works just aswell

Screenshot_2013-10-21-09-08-40.png

Screenshot_2013-10-21-09-09-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom