Targeted begging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
How common is targeted begging?

Over the decades I've seen a fair variety of low level crime in London but yesterday was the first time I was picked out on a train and asked for money when no one else was.

When I declined he didn't ask anyone else but moved to the next carriage.

Hs56gd.gif

gbb

Legendary Member
Begging is becoming a lot more apparent round here, I suspect not much different anywhere else.
A local fella sits himself outside Asda, never asks but I think people know he's homeless. I gave him a fiver at Xmas but that's the only time. Last week another guy joined him although they were sat apart.
Two weeks ago about 6 guys and girls were walking through the car park, asking anyone who happened across them or maybe made eye contact.
Pboro centre is dotted with beggars, long termers, same people, same spot every time.

perplexed

Guru

Over the decades I've seen a fair variety of low level crime in London but yesterday was the first time I was picked out on a train and asked for money when no one else was.

He probably made brief eye contact with everyone but quickly perceived that the wealth-laden soft southerner who we know and love as @Markymark wasn't available to tap up. Ergo, I'm afraid, you were merely second best...

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4779492, member: 259"]Were you carrying the rolls of banknotes in a string shopping bag? Classic error.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did assess the others in the carriage afterwards and there was that. Next time I'll leave the crown and sceptre at home.

But it's the frequency this happens, compared to the usual trawling the whole carriage, that I'm curious about.

I think it's extremely unusual, perhaps I'm wrong?

ozboz

Guru
90% of the times Ive been targeted by these people Ive had my working gear on ,they must think builders are a soft or genourous lot ! . it hapoens in Richmond quite a lot , just the other night coming out of Sainsbury's by a young English Woman, I give them nowt , if they say " have you a pound or any spare change , I give them a polite answer ,
" your right , I havn't got any spare money !"

Globalti

Legendary Member
Manchester is worse than I've ever seen it at the moment. I understand how people fall through the net because I've seen it with elderly folk who don't have the energy or ability or determination to get what they need from the NHS and Social Services, but I can't understand why it's necessary for people to sleep outdoors; surely there must be shelters? Or is it because they don't want to stay in the shelters?

This needs a photo to evaluate why you may have been selected

Either this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbz5rntMyyIW79Yk61rrjmgOTabPv8VPCWjgLtxLw4z_kQExeZIQ.jpg
or he thought you were Markymark.

Top Bottom