Tatty Selle SMP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Two updates to this.

First, on a road bike I'm loving the forma. Did a Super randonneur and many many miles on it this year.

Second, I have bought a time trial bike. The forma is not flat enough for the aggressive position. I did a 200k in 7hrs but the forma didn't feel comfortable while on the Tri bars for extended times.

I've added another addition to the family. A selle SMP T4. Hopefully this will solve my issues on the TT bike the same as the forma did with my road riding. I'll update over the next few weeks!

2019-12-12 20.01.54.jpg

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Unfortunately after about 6,000miles my forma had died. It has come loose at the front. Contacted dillglove and they told me to send it back. While they send it off to SMP I'll be sent a test saddle to borrow while. Good service but a shame.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
First ride on the SMP T4 today. All I can say is that I didn't notice it and it kept itself out of the way. I say that as the forma kept reminding me it's there if I tried to move around on it. Better on the Tri bars than the base bar but good all round. This was only a 50k ride so I'll see how it handles a ride down to lands end in 2 weeks which is around 100miles round trip.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
This thread needs a new name. Maybe Dave’s love affair with SMP?

Ihave the test saddle eventually and my forma is off to dillglove.

I’ve just bought myself a full carbon lite. Same shape as my forma but 100% carbon. Should be interesting to see how I get on with it.

We have just bought my wife anew bike (genesis longitude) and I’ve convinced her to try a Selle SMP l. We got a well (well, hell) second hand. It will replace her spoon. She is starting to do a few more miles now and it’s best to protect yourself.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cheers for the link . I thought the chrono had been discontinued but just called them and got one on its way for my TT bike :okay:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Pure class
49597380996_bbda418f27_c.jpg

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Got my forma back, all fixed. Not getting on with my TT saddle. Did a 350k ride on the TT bike the other day and not sure if I’m that keen.

I was on the Internet late last night and after a lot and a lot of deliberation I have bought myself a Selle SMP full carbon lite to replace my forma.
1583691953975.jpeg

This is me done buying saddles for a year or two.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I should do. It’s the same as the forma but carbon. From what I read the carbon rails add more comfort than what is lost from the increased stiffness from the carbon shell.
Must admit I have no issues with my lite 209's or the trk's but then I am not sitting on them for as long as you

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Must admit I have no issues with my lite 209's or the trk's but then I am not sitting on them for as long as you
The lite 209 is the same “family” as the forma and carbon lite. When I tested the dynamic it still made me go numb down there, too much padding for me. Did you test one of the ones with no padding? They’re surprisingly comfortable.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The lite 209 is the same “family” as the forma and carbon lite. When I tested the dynamic it still made me go numb down there, too much padding for me. Did you test one of the ones with no padding? They’re surprisingly comfortable.
No I just tried the lite first and got on ok with it .
It's not got a lot of padding

Top Bottom