Tax evasion scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've just received a phone call to my mobile - a recorded message saying that I'm being investigated for tax evasion & that there's a warrant for my arrest.

After I stopped laughing :laugh: I reported it to the police & I've just spoken to them. They confirm that it's a well known scam around at the minute. There's also an e-mail scam currently claiming to be from one of the delivery companies wanting payment to redeliver a parcel.

Don't be caught out by these things folks, and make others aware.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Should have tried Amazon.

Wifey got one yesterday from HSBC saying that one of her direct debits was being held pending authorisation. Please follow the link to release the payment. She doesn't bank with HSBC, but others who do might fall for it.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I've just received a phone call to my mobile - a recorded message saying that I'm being investigated for tax evasion & that there's a warrant for my arrest.

After I stopped laughing :laugh: I reported it to the police & I've just spoken to them. They confirm that it's a well known scam around at the minute. There's also an e-mail scam currently claiming to be from one of the delivery companies wanting payment to redeliver a parcel.

At least you didn't call the police and 'fess up to your dodgy tax affairs.

Near here, a body was found and a murderer promptly confessed to burying his wife after killing her.

Turned out the body was nearly 2,000 years old!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindow_Woman

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Should have tried Amazon.
We have had quite a few different emails, texts and phone calls recently, all scams, the most recent was about blocking our payment to Amamzon, :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Someone left a message on my Landline yesterday (you know that has to be a scam) and recorded voice recorded that I had to press 1 to deal with the fact someone has ordered a £1k iphone on my amazon account. :laugh:

Someone left a message on my Landline yesterday (you know that has to be a scam) and recorded voice recorded that I had to press 1 to deal with the fact someone has ordered a £1k iphone on my amazon account. :laugh:
Get a call blocker phone. That stops all those messages getting through.

I called them back when it happened to me. Younger son ran to tell SWMBO in a panic when I dealt with the Indian lady. He came back to hear me say "My first name? Alastair. Spelled A-R-S-E-H-O-L-E. I know it's spelled 'peanut' but it's pronounced 'Alastair'. It's a Scottish thing."

Top Bottom