Tax on seat belts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have just read that the government is planning to introduce a tax on seat belts on all new cars from 2025 !:eek:
Apparently, it is to ensure our safety so we must pay a tax to that effect. Does that mean that nobody will get killed in a RTA in cars made after 2025?
It must be a joke or otherwise where is it going to stop? A tax on brakes to make sure they are always efficient ?

Dadam

Fake news apparently
I have just read that the government is planning to introduce a tax on seat belts on all new cars from 2025 !:eek:
Apparently, it is to ensure our safety so we must pay a tax to that effect. Does that mean that nobody will get killed in a RTA in cars made after 2025?
It must be a joke or otherwise where is it going to stop? A tax on brakes to make sure they are always efficient ?

So it seems

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/...d-as-satirical-top-gear-report-fools-twitter/

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am glad it is fake news then but to be honest, nothing would surprise me from any government these days.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

If it was a subscription scheme it may have been more believable:laugh:

Cerdic

It is from Top Gear magazine not the TV show.

The print magazine is a mainstream ‘serious’ motoring magazine. Hence this joke being a bit clunky…

mustang1

Legendary Member
Yeah that OP might be a joke but they are planning to make wearing a seatbelt as a subscription service. So if you want to be safe (and be law compliant), you gotta pay to play.

Race-type cars with 5-point harnesses get a discount though so if you opted for the recaros, you should be able to get a better deal.

Top Bottom