Tax return done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What a PITA it is having to collate all the information they demand; glad to get it out of the way. And a cheque for 13 pence is winging it's way towards HMRC ^_^ . I hope it costs them more than that to process the thing. All this because I was self employed for 6 months in 2003, and I still get a self assessment tax return to fill in every year :banghead:.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I did mine yesterday - the bill this year was for £240. Not bad considering I've had 3 years of refunds between £100 and £600.

colly

Re member eR
I did mine this morning around 5am. :sad: Seeing the figures has put a real downer on my day.

What they want...............I don't have, and I have 30 days to find it.

But hey............30 days, who knows what will come up?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
2018/19 done, and the bill for £11.85 paid!
The bill was for tax on interest from a savings account and current account, which are no longer taxed at source. So why is every holder of a bank account not being required to submit a tax return?
I don't understand why I keep getting a notice to submit one year after year when I have a straightforward profile. One job, one pension, and no other sources of income (other than small change in bank accounts).

screenman

Legendary Member
Do not mind paying tax, just wish everybody else paid their share.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
2018/19 done, and the bill for £11.85 paid!
The bill was for tax on interest from a savings account and current account, which are no longer taxed at source. So why is every holder of a bank account not being required to submit a tax return?
I don't understand why I keep getting a notice to submit one year after year when I have a straightforward profile. One job, one pension, and no other sources of income (other than small change in bank accounts).

I'm assuming you have spoken to them to see if it's really necessary.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Shushh you smug lot, I'll be finishing mine this weekend OK.

And the latest VAT return :wacko:

Might have to turn off CC to stop being distracted :sad:

Top Bottom