Tax return done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
What a PITA it is having to collate all the information they demand; glad to get it out of the way. And a cheque for 13 pence is winging it's way towards HMRC ^_^ . I hope it costs them more than that to process the thing. All this because I was self employed for 6 months in 2003, and I still get a self assessment tax return to fill in every year :banghead:.

Feck me @Brandane you started the bugger in 2011!! :laugh:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Pay, as you earn
As you were
As I want you to be...

... As a friend, I've not brought a hand cannon along.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m PAYE. But I have to submit a tax return due to the changes in child benefits. I also claim a rebate on work motor expenses where I use a private car.
I got £495 back this year. It’s worth a couple of hours of my weekend.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
What a PITA it is having to collate all the information they demand; glad to get it out of the way. And a cheque for 13 pence is winging it's way towards HMRC ^_^ . I hope it costs them more than that to process the thing. All this because I was self employed for 6 months in 2003, and I still get a self assessment tax return to fill in every year :banghead:.

If you feel Self Assessment is no longer appropriate, you can request a return to "normal" PAYE. I think, this can be done from the website, but, I am not sure.

I still complete a Self Assessment Tax return, fourteen years after my last employment (self employed), I am now retired.

Although I could have requested an end to Self Assessment, I decided that, after seeing the total mess HMRC made of my wife's PAYE Tax, after retirement, it was simpler to do the Self Assessment, it is only once per year, and takes about an hour, maximum.

In contrast, my wife once received six different Notices of coding, through the post, on the SAME day. After 18 months of wrangling with HMRC, they claimed she owed then a four figure sum, when in fact, they owed her a small (three figure) sum. She eventually involved our MP, who could not believe the reams of paper which had been accumulated in 18 months. Perhaps, the only thing he ever did for us, but, he did get it resolved.

It’s when you have a pair of wasters living near you that have never worked, play the mental health card and get benefits, but have a horse, decent car and 3 dogs and are both fit and healthy and always on the go. How do they get away with it.

The disability pension or whatever you call it there must pay well!

Mike

Drago

Legendary Member
The disability pension or whatever you call it there must pay well!

Mike
Must be Boris' Dad.

Drago

Legendary Member
One of the joys of PAYE is I have no tax return to fill in, downside is that HMRC sees every penny!
Don't begrudge the government. They need your money to pay that foreign aid project to repair potholed roads in Nigeria. If you worked a bit harder they could afford to repair some in the UK too.

Gunk

Guru
Sold my business last year so I’ve got a colossal tax bill to pay this month. Worth it though, nice to be shot of it!

Top Bottom