Tax return done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Finished mine on Saturday morning, actually doing it doesn't take too long. What takes the time is finding my p60 and P11d (cycle to work) and various dividend statements in amongst our cardboard box of filing. The best news is that HMRC owe me money. Result!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I HATE doing a tax return but actually the last two times I've done it online it has been easier than I expected. But I filed mine after 31 December so now I've had to pay a small amount to HMRC as they wouldn't collect it through PAYE. Grrrr!

lane

Veteran
A small refund is due apparently. Shows that I was unreasonably sceptical off all those HMRC refund emails I really was due one!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

Looks like a thread merge has gone wrong - it wasn't me (honestly) but sorry all the same.

I'll see if there is an unmerge facility.

Edit: there doesn't appear to be an unmerge facility so I'm simply deleting the mudguard ones from this thread plus editing one that mentions it amongst the tax return dialogue.

Sorry about this plus the shouty post needed to go anyway - tut tut!

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just done my tax return, actually I completed it the other day, but I never submit straightaway just in case I remember something to add. Done now, I'm going to get a couple of bob back. I will not be spending it on mudguards.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've just done my tax return, actually I completed it the other day, but I never submit straightaway just in case I remember something to add. Done now, I'm going to get a couple of bob back. I will not be spending it on mudguards.
I would. Mudguards are tax deductible, according to my accountant last time I visited him in Ford Open Prison.

lane

Veteran
Mod note:

Looks like a thread merge has gone wrong - it wasn't me (honestly) but sorry all the same.

I'll see if there is an unmerge facility.

Edit: there doesn't appear to be an unmerge facility so I'm simply deleting the mudguard ones from this thread plus editing one that mentions it amongst the tax return dialogue.

Sorry about this plus the shouty post needed to go anyway - tut tut!

Sorry I think I caused this accidentally resurrecting a thread from 2009. Will try to be more careful in future.

colly

Re member eR
I finished mine Sunday pm. ^_^ and being semi retired my turnover has dropped like a stone and naturally so has profits. Looks like I owe nothing now nor in July.:dance:
One thing puzzles me with the Revenue is that when I logged on ( first time since July) I am told I have overpaid by almost 500 quid and so am due a refund. The thing is I never pay more than I am asked. So as to why I'm in credit I have no idea. :scratch:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Filed two.. One a partnership.

Dargnabit I've got to pay, and some on account for next year too.

Judging by others posts I'm the only one actually paying any tax.

No no, don't bother to thank me for all those public services you're using at my expense :okay:

Ha but now I get to submit a VAT return..

Where 'the man' has to pay me back - unfortunately, not as much as Ive paid him, but small victories etc etc..

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I seem to pay tax on a couple of small pensions due to the tax code I am allocated even tho’ I should not pay tax anyway. They refuse to change the tax code and every year I get a refund. A form of saving I suppose and they have the use of my paltry refund for a few months.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It’s when you have a pair of wasters living near you that have never worked, play the mental health card and get benefits, but have a horse, decent car and 3 dogs and are both fit and healthy and always on the go. How do they get away with it.

A friend of mine 'plays the mental health card'. To her neighbours she's a normal friendly person. Her close friends know what she's been through and how much support she has needed over the years. She couldn't cope with employment and an employer couldn't cope with her. It's not always visible.

Anyway, I appear to owe a few hundred quid this year. But never mind.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I always used to thoroughly resent it if it turned out that I owed HMRC some money after I'd completed my tax returns. Seven years ago, I temporarily and suddenly turned into a "Frequent Flyer" with the NHS and had many, many thousands of pounds worth of medical attention without having to stick my hand in my wallet once.
Owing HMRC some moolah has never felt too bad since then.

Top Bottom