Tax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It just sprang to mind, (yet again), how much tax I end up paying...

After paying 20% tax on my earnings, I then purchase summat for £79.99 and that includes £13.33 tax. And on fuel, I believe that I pay tax on the fuel tax as well!

Just how many times is my £ taxed?

Thieving barstewards....

mustang1

Guru
You must be filling a tax return right now! :smile:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Nope, PAYE at the moment, but have done in the past and was helping someone fill theirs in a while ago...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Part of me wishes he only paid 20% tax, but most of me feels lucky that he pays a lot more. However, all of me is very annoyed that his company used the incorrect tax code for 3 years and he now has a huge tax bill.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I actually don't mind paying tax as such. I'm on a good wage and doing pretty well really so it's OK for me to pay my share of running the show. What I do mind very much is the very wealthy and big corporations paying f-all. I also rather mind my money being taken and dished out to subsidise various pet projects - rather than essentials or things best paid for in common.

Less significant I'm not keen on all the grants for this and that - including dare I say cycle-to-work, opera, sports clubs. If I paid less tax I could afford more expensive opera tickets and anyway why should I expect.someone to subsidise my entertainment or should I subsidise someone's sports club or my own for that matter

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Tax, fair enough. What irks me is huge firms being allowed to negotiate with the revenue billions off their tax bill every year. Uh uh, they owe it, they should pay it, not be allowed to wheel and deal. If I rang up the revenue and asked for a meeting to negotiate my ta liability downwards they'd come round and beat me up, so why do they get away with it?

Why dont the Tories stop this?

Why didn't Labour stop this during all their years in power?

Because politics is a scale ranging from Idiot through Ineffective right up to Crooked, and all politicos sit at some point on the curve. Half a mind to buy an island and declare UDI.

Top Bottom