Taxi Demo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must have come over Waterloo Bridge about half past three and there was a load of traffic and a taxi at the front (stopped)....anybody know what the demo was about?

Apparently it was at Aldwych and I caught all the traffic on my cam...Unfortunately the handlebar mounted cam got corrupted so nothing there.

Will get the footage on here...soon...Still it was a nice ride over the bridge...can you cabbies do this more?

TIA :becool:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Posted in wrong section by accident....
...I don't expect a reply here....Mods please move to Commuting..

TIA.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
In southampton I rode past the rail station in the city center and there were about 50 taxis all parked up, lads out having a chat to each other. Wonder if it was linked?

Possible fuel protest? This Is London will have it online if its the case.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

TheDoctor said:
There you go.
If you report posts to the Mods, they'll get moved more quickly.
I just happened to notice the request.

Thank you!:wacko:

Will do next time...hopefully I wont make a habit of it...I don't even know how it got in Cafe...Thought I was posting in Commuting...Thanks again.

downfader said:
In southampton I rode past the rail station in the city center and there were about 50 taxis all parked up, lads out having a chat to each other. Wonder if it was linked?

Possible fuel protest? This Is London will have it online if its the case.

Don't know I can't find anything about it at all...Just know a cabbie person and he remarked about it on t'interweb...

I have a film so I will make something up....Funny how I never clicked...what a dumbass.:blush:

I thought it was security alert actually...had that before many times and just recent they closed somewhere up and I was diverted...ah yes at Aldgate last month or two.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

dondare

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:

I saw something of the sort in Camden yesterday, but I had no idea what it was about. What's the point of a demo if you have to do an internet search to find out what the point of the demo is?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Perhaps if black cabs didn't charge the earth more people would have sympathy.

Did my back in at the end of 2008 and had to take cabs for a bit, one run from Baker St to Euston cost me £8, that was with no traffic, about 9pm

jokers

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

That's nothing it cost me £90 from Heathrow to Leyton last year.

I was knackered though as I had traveled from Thailand and didn't want to faff with the tube.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
cheaper to take the heathrow express to Paddington and then a cab IMO! Not too much extra hassle!

Bring on Crossrail!

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

zimzum42 said:
cheaper to take the heathrow express to Paddington and then a cab IMO! Not too much extra hassle!

Bring on Crossrail!

It is...I done it.Esp after a long flight.

Last time I arranged a minicab to pick me up... 40 squid and I tipped him as well.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Exactly. Unless they sort that out more and more people are going to take minicabs, they are comfier too, you often get a merc etc

The knowledge is pointless now we have SatNav. They should all just take an English language test and a basic knowledge...

Top Bottom