Taxi driver who hates cyclists -video to follow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Mr P send the video into the local taxi enforcement officer and let him see how much they "Don't care"

Echolalia

Veteran
Taxi Drivers have alot to deal with, they drive all day on roads which are congested in cities hounded about like animals in a pen. Traffic lights, stop, start, you can see why they are easily irritated. Has anyone ever seen an angry driving instructor when on his/her own? That's almost as bad as an irritated taxi driver.

NigC

Mark_Robson said:
I'm afraid that that is no excuse for trying to intimidate or injure a cyclist. If they can't behave in a responsible way and drive safely then they need to find a new job.

Exaclty! Taxi Driving is a job of choice - it's not forced upon people who would rather be sitting at a desk punching the keyboard. It's the same as any other job - if you can't handle the crap that sometimes gets thrown your way, you're in the wrong job.

I have met some first class taxi drivers, in fact most are, rarely have any issues with them, so you have to report this guy as he is rogue IMHO, it's only a matter of time before he kills someone.

Bristol Dave

It must be 'Taxi Madness Thursday' or something. I had 2 incidents involving taxis this morning - neither dangerous but both inconsiderate and avoidable with a few seconds patience. Since momentum is so important to us, any loss of same caused by buffoonery is doubly frustrating.

I'll wait for the vid before giving my two pen'orth.

BD

JiMBR

I don't know whether the other Glasgow cyclists would agree with me but my experience of Taxi drivers of the 'Black Cab' variety has been very positive.

The minicabs however are a different story!

JiMBR said:
I don't know whether the other Glasgow cyclists would agree with me but my experience of Taxi drivers of the 'Black Cab' variety has been very positive.

The minicabs however are a different story!

Aye generally the black cabs are ok. I've seen a few on the phone, but nothing more. The minicabs drivers 'on average' are pooer. Some great drivers of course, but in my experience more bad apples. :sad:

Dan B

Disengaged member
A couple of years ago it became mandatory for London minicabs to display stickers in the back window. I find this warning to be a massive help, because it means I no longer have to look for the dent in order to know what kind of driver's in front of me.

Taxi drivers - mostly technically very good (exception for the one that smidsyed me last october) but many of them are far too confrontational. And of course, they will U-turn without notice at any time

JamesAC

Echolalia said:
Taxi Drivers have alot to deal with, they drive all day on roads which are congested in cities hounded about like animals in a pen. Traffic lights, stop, start, you can see why they are easily irritated. Has anyone ever seen an angry driving instructor when on his/her own? That's almost as bad as an irritated taxi driver.

Cyclists have a lot to deal with, they cycle all day on roads which are congested in cities hounded about like animals in a pen. Traffic lights, stop, start, ....

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Mark_Robson said:
I'm afraid that that is no excuse for trying to intimidate or injure a cyclist. If they can't behave in a responsible way and drive safely then they need to find a new job.

NigC said:
Exaclty! Taxi Driving is a job of choice - it's not forced upon people who would rather be sitting at a desk punching the keyboard. It's the same as any other job - if you can't handle the crap that sometimes gets thrown your way, you're in the wrong job.

JamesAC said:
Cyclists have a lot to deal with, they cycle all day on roads which are congested in cities hounded about like animals in a pen. Traffic lights, stop, start, ....

+1 You guys said it all for me....

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I dont seem to get the same problems with taxi drivers down here tbh. Theres a lot a bad stuff happening to taxi drivers down here too, like assaults, union problems, etc... On the whole they're no worse than the average driver. :laugh:

Look forward to the video.

Top Bottom