TCR Blog - worth a read!

Discussion in 'Audax, Brevet and Randonnee' started by GravityFighter, 2 Jun 2016.

1. GravityFighter

GravityFighter Senior Member

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'm a member on Pistonheads and one of their bods has applied for, and been accepted on, this year's TCR.

I have no affiliation, but he has a fantastic blog and it's worth a read for anyone with a cycling interest. Check out https://theadventurecapitalist.wordpress.com/

2. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

There is some right good reading there.

3. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Excellent stuff. Thanks for the link.

4. OP
    OP
    GravityFighter

GravityFighter Senior Member

Brilliant, isn't it? I believe the chap has some kind of creative / literary job and it shows. Looking forwad to tracking the dots when the race starts...

5. TheAdventureCapitalist

TheAdventureCapitalist Darren Franks

I'm the author of the blog. I've followed the links back to cyclechat. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm over the moon that people enjoy reading my stories.

The race kicks off in less than two weeks. I've just finished my last major training weekend (a climbing session in the Dolomites) and I'm into my taper, trying to regain some freshness, pay off my sleep debt and hopefully even bank some extra sleep in advance of the race.

There's some last minute flapping about kit choices, gearing, transport to Geraardsbergen etc. Despite my plans to be working on my route since April, I've yet to begin properly, so that's my current priority.

Thanks again for sharing the blog. The wider readership has caught the attention of some brands and I'm hoping to use it as a platform to raise some useful funds for Cancer Research UK, so the extra exposure is also helping to beat cancer sooner.

6. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

Best of self made luck, Darren. Your just giving has been clicked, for effect.

7. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

map.jpg
    Image from this account.
    TCR 2015 (route above): start Geraarsdbergen, Belgium and finish Istanbul, Turkey with four checkpoints: Mont Ventoux (France), Strada dell’Assietta (Italy), Vukovar (Croatia) and Mount Lovcen (Montenegro).
    2016 route:
    Start // De Muur, Geraardsbergen, BEL
    [on Saturday 30th July]
    CP1 // Puy du Dome, Massif Central, FRA
    CP2 // Furkapass, Alps, SUI
    CP3 // Passo Giau, Dolomites, ITA
    CP4 // Durmitor, NW Montenegro, MNE
    Arrivee // Canakkale, TUR

Attached Files:

• map.jpg
      map.jpg
      File size:
      220 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: 21 Jul 2016
  8. TheAdventureCapitalist

9. si_c

si_c Veteran

Good write up, thanks and keep it coming.

10. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Excellent!!

11. Buck

Buck Veteran

A really good read and kudos for entering the race. I've subscribed for updates.

Good luck for the rest of your ride!! :okay:

12. TheAdventureCapitalist

13. Buck

Buck Veteran

Proving to be a great read; interesting; surprising and entertaining !!

14. r04DiE

r04DiE 300km a week through London on a road bike.

This is a fantastic read.

15. TheAdventureCapitalist

"It's the world's most extreme bike race and I'm in a lingerie shop choosing between green and purple. It hasn't really gone to plan."

Day 7: Survival mode

Ajax Bay and si_c like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice