TdF 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You realise how much you miss it when you see scenery like this.
Well done Eurosport for re-showing.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
+ 1
The mountains are gorgeous.
I heard it said that many people, with no interest in cycling, will watch TDF purely for the scenery & views.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
+ 1
The mountains are gorgeous.
I heard it said that many people, with no interest in cycling, will watch TDF purely for the scenery & views.
I'm currently enjoying watching the highlights of the 2018 TdF on ITV4 every evening.

Watching the TdF highlights show (on Channel 4) in 1989 is what got me back into cycling. Partly the excitement of the race, and partly the idea of cycling in places like that. (Sadly, I never did make it to the Alps or Pyrenees and I doubt that I will now.)

Funnily enough, I found my 1989 diary a couple of weeks ago and I can see how keen I was in the autumn that year. I was only doing short rides but after 20 years off the bike and never having ridden big hills before, Yorkshire's long/steep climbs felt mega-tough!

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
I'm currently enjoying watching the highlights of the 2018 TdF on ITV4 every evening.

Watching the TdF highlights show (on Channel 4) in 1989 is what got me back into cycling. Partly the excitement of the race, and partly the idea of cycling in places like that. (Sadly, I never did make it to the Alps or Pyrenees and I doubt that I will now.)

Funnily enough, I found my 1989 diary a couple of weeks ago and I can see how keen I was in the autumn that year. I was only doing short rides but after 20 years off the bike and never having ridden big hills before, Yorkshire's long/steep climbs felt mega-tough!
Same here for Alps and Pyrenees, managed Picos de Europa in north Spain in my 20s and that was tough!
I am now onto watching stage 12 in the Pyrenees, 195km, unbelievable :okay:

Top Bottom