TdF commentating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
dodgy said:
I think the ITV4 coverage is great.

Dave.

I'm limited to Freeview and I enjoy it (apart from the ad breaks)....if only they could pronounce some of the names correctly...

dodgy

I'm not too bothered about the pronunciations, I wouldn't know if they were right or wrong anyway ;) I watch in time lag, about 10 minutes after it starts so I can FF through the adverts.

Dave.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Watching Eurosport UK. The miniscule Picture in picture on red on ITV4 is just too small. I think Duffield is fine, I do have problems with understanding Sean Kelly.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
I've been watching it on a Danish TV internet link with British Eurosport commentary, which is fine, except that the commentary is about 30 seconds behind the action on the screen! ;)

I had that yesterday but today it was in sync.

If I watch the cricket or football on the box in the lounge and the radio commentary is on in the kitchen I can tell from the cheers and groans what's about to happen!

Tetedelacourse

I like both Duffield and Kelly, both what they say and how it's said. They'd be my preference if I had Eurosport but I don't so I watch Liggett and Sherwen. What a pair of mingers though. The wife and I were laughing last night about how ugly they are.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Liggett has a way with foreign pronunciation!

Leaky gas is an old favourite but he has started saying Coony go (Damiano) and his glove puppet (Sherwen) has started copying him.

Spotted any others anyone?

Tetedelacourse

Well Voigt as I posted yesterday but I don't think anyone responded. Should be pronounced Vote apparently.

What about Cancellara? Is that Canchellara or not?

Kelly always made a point of saying bee-an-chi.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tetedelacourse said:
Well Voigt as I posted yesterday but I don't think anyone responded. Should be pronounced Vote apparently.

What about Cancellara? Is that Canchellara or not?

Kelly always made a point of saying bee-an-chi.

I always thought Voigt was Vocht but only from hearsay.

Kelly also says Peepy Oley

Canchellara, hmmmm? It should be if it was from the Italian but I've only heard the soft C.

monnet

Guru
Ludwig said:
And just who is that rider!!!....it looks like Stephen Roche!!!....ITS STEPHEN ROCHE!!!

All time great bit of commentary - as i ten year old I saw him coming round the corner, shouted out 'dad, it's roche!' to which I was told to shut up very firmly.

Unfortunately after that it's been downhill all the way for Liggett and Sherwin. I don't have Eurosport so I have no choice but to watch them. By God it's painful. I will concede the point others have made that the ITV programmes are very well put together.

girofan

Dayvo said:
I've been watching it on a Danish TV internet link with British Eurosport commentary, which is fine, except that the commentary is about 30 seconds behind the action on the screen! :biggrin:

Bit like watching yesterdays Eurosport transmission with Harmon and Kelly taking their eyes off the ball!

Top Bottom