TdF commentating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

is it just me ? I get increasingly frustrated trying to de-cypher what Sean Kelly is saying. I get 1 word in three at best and the rest just blends into a continuous monotone drawl. Roche is difficult enough but Sean ........
Surely we must have someone else to commentate ?

I suppose there is the occasional advantage of being multilingual but his commentating ruins the TdF for me by crikey

I've got a real soft spot for Duffy especially when I found out that he had been through the big C .He is very knowledgeable but even his ramblings are getting increasingly torturous .At this mornings preview his rambling went off at such a tangent that everyone lost where he was going with it including Duffy and they were all left mid sentence with a deafening silence as they all struggled to pick the conversation up again! :laugh:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
At least they haven't got 'christie' this year. She really is bloody awful. Rambling on about he's she been hob nobbing with and what they had for dinner the night before.

OP
OP
P

peanut

yello said:
At least you get it in English!

Mmmmmmmmmmm ?eh? it may be English Jim but not as we know it ;)

Steve Austin said:
At least they haven't got 'christie' this year. She really is bloody awful. Rambling on about he's she been hob nobbing with and what they had for dinner the night before.
looks like you spoke too soon Steve.... she's just been on talking about having dinner with Piper !

User269

I always find Eurosports presentation to be really amateur, and that it offers no interpretation of what's going on, apart from Sean's remarks. And they can be a bit difficult to hear at times.
I always watch the Ligget/Sherwin version (ITV4, and live every day if you've got satellite) and find it to be a well put together programme, even the live version.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've been critical of Kelly in the past but I think he's getting better and more understandable. Harmon and Emma Davies are a bit giggly and flirty but still way better than Liggett and Sherwen IMO.

I think Christie Anderson has been put out to grass after her acrimonious bust up with Phil

yenrod

peanuts said:
is it just me ? I get increasingly frustrated trying to de-cypher what Sean Kelly is saying. I get 1 word in three at best and the rest just blends into a continuous monotone drawl. Roche is difficult enough but Sean ........
Surely we must have someone else to commentate ?

I suppose there is the occasional advantage of being multilingual but his commentating ruins the TdF for me by crikey

I've got a real soft spot for Duffy especially when I found out that he had been through the big C .He is very knowledgeable but even his ramblings are getting increasingly torturous .At this mornings preview his rambling went off at such a tangent that everyone lost where he was going with it including Duffy and they were all left mid sentence with a deafening silence as they all struggled to pick the conversation up again! ;)

See this is what I love about Duffield: he knows that cyclings on the screen - he doesnt need to say who it is as YOU can see that..a TV commentary DOES NOT have to be a radio commentary !

God I miss him - I don't have eurosport now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

My wish is for an email to Harmon asking if Kelly would like to give an answer as to whether he (Kelly) ever took drugs during his career? The silence that would perhaps follow would be deafening! But this would never happen. Would it?
As for the ITV 4 programme it's something between a travelogue and an idiots guide to cycle racing, oh, and here's five minutes out of the hour programme on today's stage!!

Top Bottom