TdF stage 1 and spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfox

What is Millar doing????

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Millar is certainly taking the race to a fast and high level, but it's a long way to go to try and get a win. However nothing ventured, nothing gained!!!!!!!!

Lefire

I was only watching on ITV1. Millar looked like he was making up for not winning yesterday. I hope he can keep it up. Will be back to ITV1 in an hour, hope he's still there

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
A great finish by McEwen especially after the crash he had. Shame about Cavendish but thast is the way it goes sometimes in racing. Millar certainly made amends in some way for his below par performance in the prologue. All in all the 2 days on British soil turned out to be good for racing and I hope cycling!!!!!!

rustychisel

Man, that was amazing!!!

Looking at the replay you can just see Boonen jump when Robbie flew past him, but it was too too late. McEwen just blew him away. Hunter had sat up, Only Hushovd really had a chance to get back on terms, it seemed. Ms Rusty and I sat bolt upright on the sofa (it was about 1.40am) and just looked at each other. Sensational win.

NickM

Veteran
Keith Oates said:
A great finish by McEwen...
Er, I did predict McEwen - honest, just ask MsM.

I don't know why, though - I feel so disillusioned with professional sport and its legions of cheats that I went cycling rather than watch the race pass, even though I live about 10 seconds away from its route through Greenwich.

That the Tour still retains a certain magnetism, even post-Landis, says a lot for the beauty/myth/thrill potential of bike racing...

Top Bottom