TdF Stage 12 - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
jpembroke said:
Sorenson's face when he won was a picture: complete ecstasy and disbelief. Probably the only TdF stage he'll ever win. A wonderful moment and well deserved.

Apparently the first thing he said after winning was that his contract for next season was secure. So add some relief to the mix of ecstasy and disbelief.

OP
OP
Y

yello

yello said:
Cavendish has just said it was never his intention to go for green (!!!!) but that now Columbia switch focus and, for him, it's a matter of carrying on until Paris and to see what happens.

I put you wrong here. The focus is changing... but to support Cavendish in his quest for green! He had never intended to go for it (yeah, right!), his aim was simply stage wins. But now that he has it, both he and Columbia aim to keep it. Martin's highest in the GC but is not a known climber, Rogers is crocked - it's going to be interesting to see how Columbia divvy up the support.

jpembroke said:
Sorenson's face when he won was a picture: complete ecstasy and disbelief. Probably the only TdF stage he'll ever win. A wonderful moment and well deserved.

Indeed it was. It makes you realise there's a lot more to the tour than just names, jerseys and the GC. For many a rider, just to ride it is an experience. To complete, is a major achievement... but to win a stage is beyond wildest dreams. There must be so many domestiques that realise that there's is a job with limited recognition.

biking_fox

Guru
There must be so many domestiques that realise that there's is a job with limited recognition

So true.

What did the studio guy on Radio 5 say last night ... after having the stage explained to him by their reporter, .... "another win for Cavendish"

NO. Pillock. I was shouting at the radio again. always a bad sign.:angry:

Skip Madness

yello said:
Martin's highest in the GC but is not a known climber, Rogers is crocked - it's going to be interesting to see how Columbia divvy up the support.
Tony Martin did win the mountains classification at the Tour de Suisse, and although I don't expect him to cling to the likes of Contador and Armstrong for too long a top ten place is still a possibility.

Top Bottom