TdF Stage 12 - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

20 minutes to go to the off.

A long flat-ish stage, nothing really bumpy to challenge anyone; a sprinters stage again? Or will we get a breakaway succeed?

Personally, I reckon it'll be another sprinters' day. So no change at the top.

We might see other teams getting a bit more aggressive with the Columbia train (that could be fun!) but I suspect it'll be business as usual.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
These stages plus the anaesthatised Tourmalet one have really taken the edge of what was building up to be a very interesting tour in the first week. There was a lot of stuff going on which has been put in limbo until the Ventoux stage.
I like seeing Cav win but the last few kms are the only adrenalin moments.

There is a possibility that it will explode in the Alps and the ITT will be interesting. I hope so!

biking_fox

Guru
the Tdf shows it as an actual descent to the finish line? Or does it flatten/rise in the last few hundred metres?

If ti si downhill all the way the teams will have to be a bit careful about the distance a breakaway gets, because it will harder than normal to catch them downhill?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
biking_fox said:
the Tdf shows it as an actual descent to the finish line? Or does it flatten/rise in the last few hundred metres?

If ti si downhill all the way the teams will have to be a bit careful about the distance a breakaway gets, because it will harder than normal to catch them downhill?

It looks a bit uphill on here but it's hard to tell.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Hmmm, interestingly Vaughters (on Rich's link) seems to think it's maybe not a sprinters day with that final climb maybe being too much for them. I bow, obviously, to his superior wisdom... there is 40km between it and the finish line though.

He seems to be suggesting a Friere day. I'd like to see that! He & Rabobank have been there and thereabouts a few times now.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
biking_fox said:

PROFILKMS.gif

1.5%, ignoring the 100m error on avenue georges clemenceau

OP
OP
Y

yello

Has Cancellera upset the puncture fairy or summat? How many's that now?

Nasty little climb that one eh? Shades of a Belgian classic!

johnnyh

Veteran
thank goodness the scenery is nice, cause the riding aint much to watch for sure.

heck, I have even broken out into periods of work during the last few hours!!!

OP
OP
Y

yello

rich p said:
It looks like the breakaway might succeed today.

It's looking increasingly like it. Unless someone decides to pull finger pretty sharpish.

If you thought yesterday was dull because of 'no radios'.... look what they can do WITH them!! ;)

biking_fox

Guru
Anyone good at maths?

Where does Cav need to finish to ensure Thor can't take Green away from him. The break's going to make it. so Thor could be 8th....

Top Bottom