TdF stage 2 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Stage 2 is underway and it's good to see the McEwen has made the start and doesn't seem to have any 'hangover' from yesterdays' crash. I think this could be Boonen's day but only time will tell.

rustychisel

Ahahhahhahahahah ha ha. that's a funny one. He'll [Boonen] be lucky to get home in time for Christmas turkey. Speaking of turkeys...

Anyway, only winding up the fans of 'the nodding dog'. You can stop it now Keith, I'm still at work, it's after 10pm, and I won't be home for at least another half hour. Oops, off to cyclingnews live coverage I go. See ya.

SamNichols

It's still not started, and Stephen Roche and David Duffield are starting to do my head. It's going to be a bit of a sprinter's dream, what with the massive 10m climb.

SamNichols

Yes, it was rather a big crash, and it looks like there's a broken collar bone, so that's predictor's chances gone (except for the green jersey). The crash, however, has meant that cancellara's kept the lead - can't see him retaining it past tomorrow, but keeping it for two stages is impressive.
It would be better to be sitting next to Boonen than it would to be sitting next to Mark Cavendish - he was absolutely fuming at the finish.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Cav just seems to be an angry young man :blush:

I think i would be a bit frustrated too. I think he has the beating of 'most' of the sprinters in this race and he knows it, so when he falls or gets baulked, he explodes.

SamNichols

I think he may have been fuming yesterday because he got stuck behind the crash whilst most of the rest of the t-mobile team got out ahead; adding that to sunday's fal, he seeing it all slip away. He's a young 'un, and is chomping at the bit for a stage win in his debut season - there are still a coule of days in the flat though, so he's got until Thursday, then it's getting towards the hills.

Top Bottom