TdF stages 1 and 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
I can tell you they are pulling out all the stops round here to get into Tour mood, knaresborough is like an explosion on a bunting factory with Harrogate looking calmer, with yellow bikes suspended pretty much everywhere

IMG_218885010990905.jpeg IMG_218836354889904.jpeg IMG_218855717676904.jpeg

PaddyMcc

Über Member
It felt like Le Tour was a lot closer today when I went to fetch the bin in:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Roscoe

Veteran
Looking for a bit of help here chaps.

We'll be travelling down from Glasgow on Saturday 5th for that day only, probably meaning we'll need to leave at the crack of dawn.

Wife is keen to go to a spectator Hub to join in the fun. Anyone care to recommend one that we'll be able to get to fairly easily? I'm thinking ease of parking. Will there be outlying car parks and transport provided to the Hub?

Would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers

suzeworld

Veteran
The local authorities along the routes have been putting lots of info online about ask these plans, so getting detail from them / tourist offices is your best bet.
We found the staff in Harrogate and Hebden bridge seemed very well informed, so I think this reflects the effort going in to telling potential tourists what they need to know.
Parking is certainly the big issue, and there was some sign that park n ride on buses might be available into Harrogate. I don't study it cos we plan to peddle in. You need to look at what side to approach on, with the road closures.

We are going to park and ride our bikes in, there seems to be plenty of road parking on the motorway side of Harrogate, a few miles out ... so we expect it to be feasible We did it for Ventoux stage when they reckon 3/4 million folk clamber in, so I reckon we can do it here too!

Top Bottom