TDI Tuning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm.........
Just had a phone-call, in response to an email to my insurers
They won't cover me, if I get it remapped :wacko::wacko:
I could understand it, if I was a 19 year old/'20-something', but at 55+, I'd expect them to, even with a slight premium increase

Any thoughts of remapping, will now have to go on hold, until renewal time (next June)

Jody

Stubborn git
You were going to declare it :blink:

midlife

Guru
I declared all my mods and remaps to the insurers. One sniff of anything not factory and their radar tuned to refusing a claim would activate.....

Jameshow

Veteran
Hmm.........
I could understand it, if I was a 19 year old/'20-something', but at 55+, I'd expect them to, even with a slight premium increase

Any thoughts of remapping, will now have to go on hold, until renewal time (next June)

It's the fell runner that did it - still a yooof at heart!!

Jameshow

Veteran
I must get my transit re done!

Had a dpf issue and ford returned it back to stock.

Has a limiter and only 125bhp.

Have 245 75 16 tyres on which increase top speed by about 10% to 68mph which is about 72 on most cars speedo, so ok on motorways.

However the tune up to 155 did make it a smoother drive!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Hmm.........

Have the remap done and move on with your day

DRM

Guru
What van was that?

As vans are generally designed for 3.5t + 3.5t trailer as used by utility companies.

As to the upping of the OP 4x4 I would say go for it as the Skoda is 190 and I bet it's just chipped!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32535768...tixoXeJTeO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The 180biti in the caravelle and pickup had issues but the single turbo 2.0 has been fine.

Mk1 Proace, same as a Peugeot Expert/Citroen Dispatch, absolute pile of junk, take it in for a service and you wouldn’t see it for a fortnight, whilst the latest fault was rectified, this was from brand new, brake failure, clutches exploding, drive shafts knocking and banging, sliding doors falling off, exhaust fumes leaking into the cab, backed up by a sub contractor that had a Citroen Dispatch, apparently that cost Citroen £25k in warranty repairs!

Jody

Stubborn git
I declared all my mods and remaps to the insurers. One sniff of anything not factory and their radar tuned to refusing a claim would activate.....

Given the vehicle will have no hard mods they aren't going to look for a remap.

Even if they found a remap (which they wont) they can't prove you did it or being jo public that you even knew it was mapped.

Jameshow

Veteran
Mk1 Proace, same as a Peugeot Expert/Citroen Dispatch, absolute pile of junk, take it in for a service and you wouldn’t see it for a fortnight, whilst the latest fault was rectified, this was from brand new, brake failure, clutches exploding, drive shafts knocking and banging, sliding doors falling off, exhaust fumes leaking into the cab, backed up by a sub contractor that had a Citroen Dispatch, apparently that cost Citroen £25k in warranty repairs!

So the most recent one then?

Poor do..

Jody

Stubborn git
They aren't going to be checking Dorris' 1.5d Nissan for a remap but may if an S3 with front mount, exhaust, decat and all the other bad boy mods comes through.

The bit about its your responsibility to have it inspected is laughable. No one is going to do that.

Newish standard car like the OP that isn't usually modified would not be checked unless involved in a serious accident where they suspect the driver was being a d1ck.

DRM

Guru
So the most recent one then?

Poor do..

1666638220692.jpeg

This style, I’m now in the latest one which has so far been utterly reliable, but it’s a smaller engine and not quite as powerful, so in theory less strain on the drivetrain

Top Bottom