Tea or Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Over the years I've graduated from being a predominantly tea drinker to drinking mainly coffee. I still have my cup of tea first thing in the morning after waking up though. Making tea in years gone by was a sort of ritual. The kettle had to be poured into the teapot (previously warmed of course), and right at the point of boiling. Then a quick stir and an allowance of time for brewing depending on your liking of what strength you prefer. Always pour the milk in first and then a tea strainer placed over the tea cup (not mug). The first pour was always desirable when pouring more than one cup. Now it's a tea bag in a mug which is quickly attacked by a spoon to squash out the tea, and then the milk. Not quite the same

But drinking coffee is now a real experience and has progressed from a mug of instant to buying my coffee beans raw and home roasting to my own preferred recipe.

Drago

Legendary Member
Same here. Don't get me wrong, I love a good brew, but just by happenstance I drink more coffee. Coffee first thing, coffee mid morning, coffee mid afternoon. Never more than three. Any more than that, or if I'm out and about and offered a bevvy then its tea,

And its workmansh tea no sugar, black coffee no sugar.

I usually have a Clooney's, aw bought a machine for Mrs D so she can make a coffee without having to handle a kettle with her weak hands, but I don't mind a decent instant. As long admits not utter pig swill I'm pretty easy.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
It was always tea for me as I have never really enjoyed instant coffee.
Then I bought a coffee pod machine which makes a decent mug.
Coffee......with milk and sometimes a little coffee syrup, just for a change.
Tea.....white, no sugar.
I tend to have just one or the other first thing then its mainly tap water through the day.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mainly Chinese (green) Tea, not that flavoured muck with bits of fruit in it just straight up Tea leaves but processed in a different manner to the Indian (black) Tea.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't drink caffeine but I still enjoy coffee first thing, then another at work, then red bush tea for the rest of the day. If I'm feeling hungry I might also have a coffee later in the afternoon because it tastes more filling than tea!

If I had to only choose one, it would be Redbush Tea (preferably earl grey flavour)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was advised to cut down on fluids a few weeks ago, so went from several cups of tea and coffee a day to none or one.

I've not missed it, most of my consumption was habit.

A side benefit is my blood pressure, which has been too high for years and has resisted one tablet after another, appears to have come down.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was advised to cut down on fluids a few weeks ago, so went from several cups of tea and coffee a day to none or one.

I've not missed it, most of my consumption was habit.

A side benefit is my blood pressure, which has been too high for years and has resisted one tablet after another, appears to have come down.
Interesting, I’ve not heard of this so I had a quick google.

“Drinking more than 4 cups of coffee a day may increase your blood pressure.

If you're a big fan of coffee, tea or other caffeine-rich drinks, such as cola and some energy drinks, consider cutting down.

It's fine to drink tea and coffee as part of a balanced diet, but it's important that these drinks are not your main or only source of fluid.”
I might have to cut down.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Interesting, I’ve not heard of this so I had a quick google.

“Drinking more than 4 cups of coffee a day may increase your blood pressure.

If you're a big fan of coffee, tea or other caffeine-rich drinks, such as cola and some energy drinks, consider cutting down.

It's fine to drink tea and coffee as part of a balanced diet, but it's important that these drinks are not your main or only source of fluid.”
I might have to cut down.

You're probably right. I only drink tea or coffee, and as you know mainly coffee around 6 mugs or so daily and 2 mugs of tea. No alcohol though. Just checked my home blood pressure monitor and it was 123/71. Not bad for a 70 year old. My pulse is up though to 51 bpm so won't train today as scheduled. Do it tomorrow instead.

Salar

A fish out of water
Green or black tea for me, no sugar.

Never coffee, went off that about 30 odd years ago.
Memories of drinking coffee from an orange melamine cup to cure hangovers still lingers and I can't stand the smell of it.

Top Bottom