Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Morning Mike, and everyome else. I slept a bit longer. :laugh: :hello: . I bet they have better weather than we do.

No, they have a very similar climate to us. It's much wetter there than here in East Anglia, so it may be more like Wales, and it's no warmer. Asturias (and surrounding areas such as Galicia) are completely different from the rest of Spain, and from how we think of Spain, with snowfall every year, some serious mountains, and countryside which could be straight out of the South Downs or the Chilterns. It's truly beautiful.

OP
OP
172traindriver

172traindriver

Legendary Member
No, they have a very similar climate to us. It's much wetter there than here in East Anglia, so it may be more like Wales, and it's no warmer. Asturias (and surrounding areas such as Galicia) are completely different from the rest of Spain, and from how we think of Spain, with snowfall every year, some serious mountains, and countryside which could be straight out of the South Downs or the Chilterns. It's truly beautiful.

When you watch the Vuelta you notice the contrast between the north and south of Spain.
The north is so green and hilly and mountainous.
A lad at work is a big cyclist and owns a camper van. Him and his wife recently had a month up in norther Spain. He was how wonderful the cycling is if you are imto climbimg particularly.
The weather is going to be strongly influenced by the Bay of Biscay so it will also be very stormy through the winter I would imagine

classic33

Leg End Member
Beat you this morning, @welsh dragon! Morning all.

Just seen my daughter and her fiance off to the airport, whence they return to Asturias, northern Spain, where they live, after two great weeks with us.
Despite having to use a ladder to get to their bedroom.
Morning Mike, and everyome else. I slept a bit longer. :laugh: :hello: . I bet they have better weather than we do.
You could have called in for a coffee!
Oh wait, I was still in Sennen, Lol.
Could have said before he went.
Morning everyone.
That's if anyone still remembers me!
Owdo Stranger!!
Still on the buses?
Morning all:hello:
Off to some joinery type stuff oop east....

Of course, who'd forget that fizzog:laugh:

Must fly, see ya
Train'd be cheaper!
Good Mornimg :hello:

Morning!
People Who Say.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Do pay attention Mr C. I completed the landing and stairs, and breaking through to form a doorway to their bedroom, some days before they arrived. They did, however, have to use a ladder to pick the plums and green gages from our trees.
You said that you'd been working "silly hours" because they probably didn't want to use a wardrobe to enter/exit the bedroom...
I've been working silly hours on the house, as we have family arriving from abroad tomorrow. Oddly, they probably want access to their bedroom through a door rather than the back of a wardrobe, and they're fairly sure to want stairs rather than a ladder. Both goals have been achieved.

MikeG

Guru
You said that you'd been working "silly hours" because they probably didn't want to use a wardrobe to enter/exit the bedroom...
I've been working silly hours on the house, as we have family arriving from abroad tomorrow. Oddly, they probably want access to their bedroom through a door rather than the back of a wardrobe, and they're fairly sure to want stairs rather than a ladder.

Yep. But then......

Both goals have been achieved.

Top Bottom