Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
When'd do you get there?

Farenheight of Centigrade though.
We arrived Wed night so, of course, it’s centigrade.:dance::dance:
Watching the sun go down as we sip a cuppa on the balcony now.
Down to the Irish bar later for a couple of pints and a sing song. :okay:

MikeG

Guru
Talking of pints....

I'm involved with the community group who have taken over the local pub. There is no proper drawing of it, so I have surveyed it with the aim of producing a proper set of drawings. I just can't make the damn thing work! I've visited 3 times, checking and rechecking measurements, and it still doesn't add up. I mean, it's a higgledy piggledy old thing, loads of ad-hoc extensions and alterations with bowed walls and nothing square, but nonetheless, you'd think I'd at least be able to draw an outline of its footprint. At the moment it doesn't look like the upper walls at the rear are sitting on the lower walls, which means it should be collapsing........but there isn't the slightest sign of that happening. My worst discrepancy is nearly 300mm. Normally, I'd be annoyed to have a 30mm error anywhere.

classic33

Leg End Member
Talking of pints....

I'm involved with the community group who have taken over the local pub. There is no proper drawing of it, so I have surveyed it with the aim of producing a proper set of drawings. I just can't make the damn thing work! I've visited 3 times, checking and rechecking measurements, and it still doesn't add up. I mean, it's a higgledy piggledy old thing, loads of ad-hoc extensions and alterations with bowed walls and nothing square, but nonetheless, you'd think I'd at least be able to draw an outline of its footprint. At the moment it doesn't look like the upper walls at the rear are sitting on the lower walls, which means it should be collapsing........but there isn't the slightest sign of that happening. My worst discrepancy is nearly 300mm. Normally, I'd be annoyed to have a 30mm error anywhere.
Are any of the walls leaning?

And is this before or after those pints you mentioned.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Talking of pints....

You know what old buildings are like Mike. Talk about bodget places, and add ons just slapped up anyhow...

MikeG

Guru
Are any of the walls leaning?

And is this before or after those pints you mentioned.

Yeah, loads of them are leaning. I tend to measure and draw at a reference height, though, and so long as that stays the same around the building, leaning walls shouldn't be an issue. Haven't had a pint for weeks, or longer.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, loads of them are leaning. I tend to measure and draw at a reference height, though, and so long as that stays the same around the building, leaning walls shouldn't be an issue. Haven't had a pint for weeks, or longer.
If the walls are leaning out, and your reference is at a height. How much does the reference line lean out over the foot of the walls?

Top Bottom